Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color questions

ndahlberg12

Been playing with boat builder as we will be ordering a new axis this winter and have a few questions for you guys. 

1. Has anyone see the new Nassau Blue in person? This color is really intriguing to me and wonder how well it would pair with gunmental metallic. Boat builder does not represent these colors well at all. 

2. I really love the way the Sepia interior look. We intended keeping our last boat forever so I never thought we would be ordering a second boat. I know it’s hard to predict, but Do you guys think Sepia will be a popular color in 5 years? For those of you that have Sepia, do you still like it? How is it wearing?

I'm also intrigued by Nassau Blue but have not seen it in person. Check out Inlandboatcompany on FB or IG. They had a Nassue Blue/Gunmetal Metallic all over their story a few weeks back but still have some pics in their feed.

Tarah Mikacich also posted pics of her new Nassau Blue/White which looks really sharp. 

After having 4 vapor blue boats I'm wondering if I can make the pivot. ;)

I defer to the more fashionable on your second question.

Gary

Edited by G Spot
ahopkins22LSV

I have the same thoughts on the Nassau blue. Really want to see it in person. I built this 24 mxz yesterday just for kicks and I think it will look great with white and silver flake. I am slightly concerned it will look dull though. 

Not sure on the brown interiors. I think if it’s done well it won’t be an issue. Like with minimal other color and only white or black accents. I think when you start putting a lot of other color in it is when you might run into resale issues. 

16FE2474-C561-4344-858A-3C68A86EF421.thumb.jpeg.05139b83e7163cddb86fd6a596b28443.jpeg

7 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Been playing with boat builder as we will be ordering a new axis this winter and have a few questions for you guys. 

1. Has anyone see the new Nassau Blue in person? This color is really intriguing to me and wonder how well it would pair with gunmental metallic. Boat builder does not represent these colors well at all. 

2. I really love the way the Sepia interior look. We intended keeping our last boat forever so I never thought we would be ordering a second boat. I know it’s hard to predict, but Do you guys think Sepia will be a popular color in 5 years? For those of you that have Sepia, do you still like it? How is it wearing?

I saw this one on Tommy's site last week.  It is all Nassau.  I have not seen it in person though.  I like it. I think grey would go really nice with this color.

https://www.tommysgrandrapids.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=9248992&p=1&s=Year&d=D&l=grand rapids&fr=xNewInventory

I'm super curious about Nassau blue as well.  I agree that it doesn't show up well on the boat builder.  I looked online at the one @Hemmy posted and it's pretty rad.  Really want to see it in the flesh, though.  I've probably built 30 different boats on the boat builder for our upcoming order.  LIke @ndahlberg12, we'll likely keep this next boat for a while, so this is also a hot topic for us.  With respect to the Sepia interior......that's not on the menu in our build.  

The one Tommy’s posted is what originally drew me to the color. I really like the way the Inland one looks too. 
Here are a couple we are playing with, I love the look of the sepia interior, I just worry about longevity.

3D16914E-02B1-4270-814F-CA22ECD4F882.jpeg

FF8C8856-B1B3-415A-9872-311903B761A0.jpeg

• Like 2

I just looked at the one on Inland.  I dig it.  

Here's one that I build using Nassau and black.  

image.png.b116771f1070478a69c4f6962260ce83.png

image.png.7a2158a1b2dcc0998ed98d4e184a6ad3.png

Again, the boat builder doesn't do this color any favors, but I still dig it. 

Edited by Slayer
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
39 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Looks like Silver to me.

Why is the trailer tongue so long?  Seems excessive to me.  

MXZ trailer tongues are really long so when you make a tight turn, the outside corner of the MXZ bow doesn't hit your truck bed.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

MXZ trailer tongues are really long so when you make a tight turn, the outside corner of the MXZ bow doesn't hit your truck bed.

Doesn't make any sense.  I had an A22 and hauled numerous A24s which have the same profile on the trailer and the tongue isn't longer.  Oh well, just curious.  Didn't mean to derail the thread.  

IMG_8316.jpg

20 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That sounds like experience... 

ahopkins22LSV
8 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Doesn't make any sense.  I had an A22 and hauled numerous A24s which have the same profile on the trailer and the tongue isn't longer.  Oh well, just curious.  Didn't mean to derail the thread.  

IMG_8316.jpg

Trust me, if an MXZ is not on a MXZ trailer, it can happen. A22 and 24 don’t have as aggressive of points in the bow if I remember correctly 

3 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

That sounds like experience... 

:whistle:

9 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

The one Tommy’s posted is what originally drew me to the color. I really like the way the Inland one looks too. 
Here are a couple we are playing with, I love the look of the sepia interior, I just worry about longevity.

3D16914E-02B1-4270-814F-CA22ECD4F882.jpeg

FF8C8856-B1B3-415A-9872-311903B761A0.jpeg

We like this a lot.  I think that is the perfect amount of tan and accent color.  Our next boat will have tan interior per the wife.  It is very popular here in all the brands.

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

We like this a lot.  I think that is the perfect amount of tan and accent color.  Our next boat will have tan interior per the wife.  It is very popular here in all the brands.

Thanks. The wife actually designed this one as well. 

I would really like to hear from other guys that have the sepia interior on how they like it so far. 

4 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

@Ronnie You think that is the Nassau? almost looks vapor in a few of the pictures. Also you think that is Gunmetal or Silver Metallic?

My current boat has vapor. That pic was posted here a few weeks ago. I don't recall who posted it.

IMG_2472.jpgimage.png

1 hour ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Thanks. The wife actually designed this one as well. 

I would really like to hear from other guys that have the sepia interior on how they like it so far. 

We have the Sepia on our '19 and absolutely love it. 100 hours in and the sepia brown is still in mint condition. 

CKYXCDP.jpg

My personal opinion is that sephia brown in overrated and overused. I think people like it and will always like it because it does have a classy look to it. My 2019 25 lsv has vapor blue as the main color interior and I love it. My high volume dealer still orders most of its boats with white and graphite interiors, but when they get one with a color matching interior, it sells quickly. I like matching interior colors and I think a boat with Nassau Blue interior and white or black accents would look awesome.