Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any luck Wakesurfing behind a newer Response?

Slalompartee

I will look at the foils. Had not really considered that before. Was hoping to get a passable surf wake with the wedge down and a wake shaper. May also have to add some ballast. Looking for guidance to max out the Response. 

17 minutes ago, Slalompartee said:

I will look at the foils. Had not really considered that before. Was hoping to get a passable surf wake with the wedge down and a wake shaper. May also have to add some ballast. Looking for guidance to max out the Response. 

It is doable for sure.  250 lbs in the front, and 2x400  in the back and surf side.  Freeboard will be a distant memory.

• Like 1

This is the new TXi so there's probably not a ton of info on how best to set it up to surf.  But Wedge and shaper would be a great start.  Get a few 600-750 lb bags, some decent "throw over the side" pumps, and start playing with it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Slalompartee said:

Thanks so much guys. I will give it a go. 

Just watch for water ingress into your tank vent - if that is a thing for a 2020.  Nothing SeaFoam can't fix, but the diesling from the water in the tank is best left to Vin.  :) Also, extra human ballast is a good thing.

• 1 year later...

I foil behind my 2019 Response TXi all the time and love it. Plenty of wave with no ballast and no wedge. Just set it at 11mph and go. 

IMG_2331.PNG