Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat sank on the Willamette

kylesullens

Any time you get a whole bunch of people in boats, day or night in a small space, bad stuff happens.  We see it regularly during the fireworks displays on July 1st.  Several deaths over the last few years a more than a few sunk boats.  Usually at night to confound serach and rescue.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Crazy waves!! Problem is the waves are moving in same direction instead of taking them straight on as if they were heading at you. It's far worse.. once u go over top of one u speed down a longer than normal roller until your bow stabs into the bottom of the Next, surf and ski boats with their abnormally low bows are the worse for this type of situation..

Apparently there was one on the mississippi down near redwing mn too.  Thankfully it doesn't sound like anything like that happened here.  Don't like being around a lot of boats anymore than I like being around a lot of motorcycles.

On 8/19/2020 at 4:46 AM, bbattiste247 said:

We have our Trump boat parade on September 12th on Lake Mead. We can't wait!

It sounds like a great day to sit at the launch ramp and collect footage for another YouTube boating fails video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, csleaver said:

It sounds like a great day to sit at the launch ramp and collect footage for another YouTube boating fails video.

Doesn't matter what side you are on. The organizers for these things should be putting out recommendations for safe boating conduct. I have a feeling that everyone going 8-14 mph to "speed up" the parade a bit doesn't realize the havoc they are creating for themselves. Then again, if you need to raise the bow to get over waves 8-14 mph is right about where you go...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, LateNightSalami said:

Doesn't matter what side you are on. The organizers for these things should be putting out recommendations for safe boating conduct. I have a feeling that everyone going 8-14 mph to "speed up" the parade a bit doesn't realize the havoc they are creating for themselves. Then again, if you need to raise the bow to get over waves 8-14 mph is right about where you go...

Doubt that would help a lot.  But I am glad they advertise these things so you can stay far away.  Kind of like the Flood run that is happening in a couple of weeks here.  20-30,000 motorcycles on 2 lane rural highways - what could possibly go wrong.

• Haha 1

We stumbled on a Trump parade Sunday on pomme de terre lake in Missouri. It was a site to see all those boats, and flags. It appeared everyone was going 5 mph or less, didn’t see the rollers. At least we didn’t stick around long enough to see them. I could see it getting pretty dicey when the front of the parade ends at the end of the lake and those guys speed up to go home, while others are still in the line. Especially with the size of some of the boats... crazy. 

9962F802-C5AA-4F22-BCC2-EE9E5D9DF04C 2FEF2D0B-763B-48EB-9E36-C9E633005D30

Edited by BlindSquirrel
2 hours ago, csleaver said:

The lake is large enough that boats will be able to social distance. 

• Haha 1

Times like this, it's good to be able to fill the aft ballast and PNP and empty out the front.  Of course that probably also makes it worse for everybody else out there

Was a trump parade this weekend on the St Croix River.  Hundreds of boats.  I didn't hear of any damage or incidents but I did see two things that I've never seen before in my life: 

- Woman in her mid 50s with a pink Women For Trump flag on a 50+ ft Sundancer flashing and waving a sign that said "t*** out for Trump"

- Man in an american flag speedo w/ suspenders and a thigh holster on a <$2000 pontoon boat.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Was a trump parade this weekend on the St Croix River.  Hundreds of boats.  I didn't hear of any damage or incidents but I did see two things that I've never seen before in my life: 

- Woman in her mid 50s with a pink Women For Trump flag on a 50+ ft Sundancer flashing and waving a sign that said "t*** out for Trump"

- Man in an american flag speedo w/ suspenders and a thigh holster on a <$2000 pontoon boat.

Sounds like the sundancer lady was from lake minnetonka in MN and the speedo guy was from WI ;)

• Haha 1