Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Pressure 2001 LSV 23

I am selling my 2001 Sunscape LSV 23 so I can get a new boat. While on a showing yesterday the guy pointed out that the oil pressure should be 30-40 but mine was between 10-20. It runs great, oil is full and clean. He said he thought it would be the oil sending unit. 

I didn’t see anything when I looked through here to help me with that. Is this an easy fix?  Can I get the part locally or do I need to go to Bakes online, etc?

Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Need more info. At what rpm was it 10-20? Was that cold? Was it after running hard? Where was it when running higher rpm's?

Steve B.

This is with the engine warm at idle. if I should be checking it at different times like cold, other rpm’s I can do that today. 

So just go ahead and replace to see if that’s clears it up?  Can I buy locally?  Will I need to change the oil when I am doing it or can I just remove and replace. 

6 hours ago, BCA1313 said:

So just go ahead and replace to see if that’s clears it up?  Can I buy locally?  Will I need to change the oil when I am doing it or can I just remove and replace. 

Yes, they all will have it for cheap. Take yours with you. I think a '99 suburban 350 is the best to tell the folks at the counter. Yes, remove and replace, no need to change the oil.

Steve B.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:45 PM, Steve B. said:

Yes, they all will have it for cheap. Take yours with you. I think a '99 suburban 350 is the best to tell the folks at the counter. Yes, remove and replace, no need to change the oil.

Steve B.

Stupid question. Where is it?  I had looked at another picture but that must be another engine. 

1 hour ago, BCA1313 said:

Stupid question. Where is it?  I had looked at another picture but that must be another engine. 

Most likely very near your oil filter.  If you have a remote filter, where the filter hoses meet the engine block.  On a vee drive with a 5.7L, that would be forward, starboard, near the transmission bell, below the manifold.

• 1 month later...

I have this issue.   Replaced a fluctuating sender.  The gauge now shows 70psi for max pressure under power.   Engine off but gauges powered reads 20psi.  

OCD says fix it but kinda pointless.   I’d be happy with just the switch.    I mean really, unless you log pressure’s regularly it’s pretty superfluous.