Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for Malibu VLX 21 2015 or LSV 23 2014

Diotax

Hello everybody !!

I m sorry if it s diificult to understand that i wrote.    I m french ....   

I am looking for a boat for wakeboarding and wakesurfing.

For my budget I can have  a 2015 vlx 21 or a 2014 LSV 23.  ( in my friends)

what is the biggest wave in wake?  ( for wakeboarding) 

Is the wake width wider on the LSV ?  (longer of  wake to wake )

Thank you for your anwsers

XD

Edited by Diotax

I assume the only thing “better” about the 2015 vlx would be the wider main display vs 2014 lsv - double edge sword considering its a $3k part that takes a lot of abuse.  Most people I know w 20-21 foot boats LOVE them but have a good reason like storage space or small families etc.  If you are looking at those boats you should take a hard look at 2015-2018 Axis T/A 23’s. 

I'm convinced that the 23 ft boats offer the perfect aspect ratio for making the best wake. Longer than that the boat needs to be wider, but DOT says we can't tow a 120" beam down the road... clearly they're not into wakesurfing. Shorter than that and you're sacrificing displacement to push more water. Just my $0.02

52 minutes ago, SwaggaDraggonCaptain said:

but DOT says we can't tow a 120" beam down the road

Up here (Canada) it is 102".  Over that you need an over-width permit.  $30 for 30 days.  No pilot vehicle though.