Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat hours

Bad1king

23 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Curious if people are really getting 1500-2000 hours on surf boat engines sacked out and lugging them at mid rpms .  Slalom is a whole other animal.

926 on a 14 so far, thinking 1500 will be easy

• Like 3
On 8/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, Bad1king said:

Really want to buy this boat! Damn hours, wish it wasn’t staying at me at the helm! Lol 

Buy it and spend about $600 on a new engine ecu like I just did.  Poof! Zero hours on the display.  😚. I wouldn’t worry about 500 hours on a 17, it just means it’s been a workhorse of a boat imo.  Double thumbs up if you can get some warranty from the dealer.  My 14 has about 500 hours and has cost me about $4k in repairs over the last 2 seasons but has run like a Toyota the last 50+hours.  I had to replace a throttle last season for $1k and new Cats/ECU/starter at the beginning of this season.  High dollar items and it sucked to pay for it but honestly we’ve had so much good times on the boat I don’t even care about the repairs.

Thanks for all the advise, made an offer, they countered and now thinking about it. When it came down to it, was price based on the about of hours it had. All good advice, especially once I become a wake boat owner. I have had a ski boat for 20 years and it has 700 hours and still runs great and never done anything other that routine maintenance! 

14 minutes ago, Bad1king said:

Thanks for all the advise, made an offer, they countered and now thinking about it. When it came down to it, was price based on the about of hours it had. All good advice, especially once I become a wake boat owner. I have had a ski boat for 20 years and it has 700 hours and still runs great and never done anything other that routine maintenance! 

What is the spread?

ahopkins22LSV
11 hours ago, Bad1king said:

I would ask if the catalysts have been replaced yet or not. Technically I think the whole exhaust manifolds need to be replaced. If you dig around a bit on here it’s a know, fairly consistent, failure on the 2017 raptor engines. Indmar is replacing the manifolds under warranty but make sure the warranty gets transferred if they haven’t yet. Might also be able to use the “I know it’s going to need this work” as a negotiation tool if they haven’t been done yet. 

Here is one of the more recent threads for reference: