Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

When did Wakesetter LSV command center see the biggest upgrade?

apt123

Hi All,

First time poster here and interested in buying a used Wakesetter 23 LSV as my first wakesurf boat.

I'm interested in buying one that has a control system that is touch screen, and looks to be that 2015  is the first year that was incorporated. Can anybody confirm?

Are the  big updates on the control system after 2015 that would warrant buying a more recent model?

Thanks!

ahopkins22LSV

Correct 2015-2019 in everything but the VTX. That was 2016 through 2019. 2020 is a new dash for all. 

There have been minor updates like the cell phone holder but other than that, the 2015 dash basically stayed the same. Just verify the software is most recent through your local dealer. 

MaliVue launched with the 2009 MY (Which was a very limited production year due to the financial meltdown.)  From 2009-1014 you got the square non-touch screen display, which not touch screen it does basically all the same stuff as the touch screen announced in 2015, you just have to navigate via buttons.  You will find a few 2008 boats that have Malivue... they were retrofitted by Malibu on dealers lots to help get them sold.

So the different versions of the main screen control center listed below.  They all have the same basic functionality, but they get easier to use and display more info with each iteration. I will also note that ALL versions seem to have their issues.

2008 and older: Small LCD command center which controlled presets, etc.

2009 -2014 (and a few 2008) Square non touch screen.

2014-2019 Wide screen touch screen, 

2020+ Same screen but OS switched to Android, new UI (quicker, etc...)