Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat cover that goes over the tower...

SunsetterVa2000

I have a 2000 Sunsetter LXI and in need of a better boat cover. I’m redoing all upholstery and am thinking about switching to a cover that goes over the tower as well. Even with the polls on the factory button-on cover partnered with the Malibu “waterproof” cover moisture still gets in the boat and the water still puddles up. I don’t have the convenience of indoor storage at this point or a carport. Anyone used one of these covers? Pros and cons? Where did you get it and what’s the best? Thanks for the help... 

I ordered one from Bald Mikes.    Covers the entire boat including platform.    It wasn’t a custom fit as those were about $2500 and didn’t really make sense for my older boat but this one fits well and keeps everything dry.   Cinches up nice so the rain beads off.    It’s a Carver cover and I went with sunbrella material.  

I have one on my current boat and have had the same on my last two boats and all covers came from Dallas Canvas. We have a lot of spiders on our dock and these covers protect not only the interior but also the tower and speakers. We also have a separate cover that protects the swim platform and is attached to the main cover with a zipper and hooks around the surf gates on each side. Tension is provided by a ratchet on either side and we have access panels on either side (useful from when you forget to take your phone before covering the boat). We also have screened vents on the top of the cover. Cons are these covers are more expensive than normal covers, are heavy and a little harder to put on but with practice, one person can do it.

IMG_4970.jpg

Edited by dgd
  • Like 2

I have one like @dgd and love it. Mine goes all the way down the side and also covers the platform, but all as one piece. I actually find it easier than using a factory cover because I made a hammock to leave the cover hanging from the rafters of my slip above bimini while the boat's in use and then just roll it to the bow/stern when done. It is expensive but the protection is comparable to having it in an enclosed garage. 

Edited by G Spot