Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any retailers have REV10's in stock? Or M880's cheap?

Nitrousbird

After seeing what it will likely cost to repair my Exile towers, I am HIGHLY considering an upgrade:

So I know from experience that two REV10's will sound better (and be louder) than my four SXT65 towers.  I just need fixed tube mount clamps as I have no need to rotate the speakers...basically, I need one of the "cheapest" versions of the REV10's.  In black.  But everywhere online seems to have them sold out.  

I also recently road on a 2020 Supra SL450 with the factory JL setup, which highly impressed with (actually, the whole boat was really impressive).  The two towers weren't even being cranked and sounded great.  I'm wondering if just a pair of those could get it done; I assume they are M880's - I doubt the M770's would have sounded that good. 

My upgrade preference is two speakers vs four, as my bimini sits under them and I store my surf board on top of the bimini, where it is a bit of a squeeze getting under my current speakers.  This would gain me all the room I could ever want, which would be a nice plus.  

if your tower amp is still the Polk D4000.4 amp it will work better with 1 pair of rev10's than 1 pair of JL M880's but if you went with 2 pairs instead of 1 pair it would work perfectly with the JL M880's

the specs for the Rev 10's is RMS 300 Watts Peak 600 Watts

the specs for JL M880's RMS 125 Watts Peak 250 Watts

Polk D40004.4 Amp: 

RMS Continuous Power @ 4 Ohms 125 W x 4 

Bridged @ 4 Ohms 400 W x 2

Edited by bretcole
On 8/14/2020 at 12:41 PM, ajf4242 said:

Nitrous I have Rev 10's fixed clamps if you want to PM me your number.  Only used 2 outings before I got rid of my boat this summer.

The speakers are installed and sound great.  Thanks for even coming over to deliver them!

IMG-20200822-154353.jpg