Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake board tower

Wardcrew

Well I just bought a new to me 2003 23lsv. I was supposed to be able to put it in my garage, but the tower, when laid down, is still above the windshield. Anyone know who makes a tower that will lie down at or below the windshield? The current tower is a Swoop.  I think.

29 minutes ago, Wardcrew said:

Well I just bought a new to me 2003 23lsv. I was supposed to be able to put it in my garage, but the tower, when laid down, is still above the windshield. Anyone know who makes a tower that will lie down at or below the windshield? The current tower is a Swoop.  I think.

SHouldn't a swoop tower be folder back - not forward?  Have a picture?

And if it is the one I am thinking of, it is 2 knobs to fold it or 4 to remove it completely from the side brackets.

Edited by oldjeep

How tall is your garage door?  Mine is 8' and I have plenty of room to get in with my Swoop folded (and I could have it go down further than it does).  I am guessing you have a 7' door...perhaps it would be cheaper to have the header raised to 8'?

It does fold backwards. I have 82" of clearance at the door. I don't think it would be cheaper to move the header, but also not sure. its my bad for not measuring with the tower folded, but then again, it is the boat that I wanted. I can figure out the rest later.

14 hours ago, Wardcrew said:

It does fold backwards. I have 82" of clearance at the door. I don't think it would be cheaper to move the header, but also not sure. its my bad for not measuring with the tower folded, but then again, it is the boat that I wanted. I can figure out the rest later.

That's a pretty short garage door.  I personally would see if that is a fixable problem first.  If your trailer is on torsion axles, you may be able to lower it a bit as well.  

Quality new towers aren't cheap.

Parents had a SSLxi with swoop that fit in 7' but the trailer tongue needed to be dropped a couple inches below level to fit.  If you have 82" you may be able to drop the tongue on a floor jack and push in.  If you have to do this often, I'd raise the header because it would be a pain but for 1-2 times a year, it might work.

Similar to wedge88 I was dropping the trailer hitch and deflating the tires a bit to get in and out of the garage for my mom's boat. If I was doing that more than twice a year I would have dropped the trailer or looked into raising the garage door.

It’s a really short door. My dodge barely makes it in. Raising the header is cost prohibitive, two story home, HOA all that fun stuff.  Getting the boat up the hill, pushing, even though I have 5 kids to help, would probably be dangerous. What I am thinking is quick disconnects on the wires and just removing it when it gets put away. Not the easiest, but maybe the best bet. Arizona sun kills boats and this one has to last.

Thank you all for the help.