Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 24 Mxz

Bman1

27 minutes ago, NAW said:

The LT4 performance in that boat is really what blew me away.  11.6 mph, surf left, ballast full and wedge at click 4 it was running at 2500 rpms with the standard prop.  

Wow....  :rockon:

1 hour ago, NAW said:

I rode it yesterday.  Very strong waves and wakeboard wakes with ballast full and wedge in click 4.  It didn't 'look' as good as the 25LSV, but when you ride it, it'll feel very similar.  It's a top notch performer in the segment, drove great, handled very well and was a very comfortable space to be in.

The LT4 performance in that boat is really what blew me away.  11.6 mph, surf left, ballast full and wedge at click 4 it was running at 2500 rpms with the standard prop.  Top speed of 43 mph at about 1200' elevation.

Wow. Sounds impressive. 11.6mph surfing. Do a lot of people go that fast? Benefits? Mostly lengthen. The wave?

5 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Wow. Sounds impressive. 11.6mph surfing. Do a lot of people go that fast? Benefits? Mostly lengthen. The wave?

I’m not sure how many people surf that fast, but we were just doing some testing with speed and wedge to see how the boat reacted.  Our surfer was riding at the time though.
It’s an all around killer boat...straight up.

6 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Kinda slow compared to real (ocean) surfing.

21 hours ago, NAW said:

The LT4 performance in that boat is really what blew me away.  11.6 mph, surf left, ballast full and wedge at click 4 it was running at 2500 rpms with the standard prop.  Top speed of 43 mph at about 1200' elevation.

wow!

42 minutes ago, Tjards said:

I have about 10 hours on one now and am flat out impressed. Wakeboard wake is rampy and awesome along with a sweet surf wave with plenty of push. I hate to even say it cause the 25 LSV is hands down my favorite boat but the 24 MXZ might be my new fav.

Just like NAW said LT4  performance is what blew me away. That motor is the real deal. We boat at 5k above sea level and with 17x15.5 prop (standard) that boat was turning 2400 rpm with full ballast  550 PNP and 6 adults in the boat while surfing on wedge 4. Go see your local dealers and get one on the water to see what I am talking about. Super impressive boat all around.

That is really awesome. 

It is recommended that all M series and LT4 engines use 93 octane fuel.  The LT4 should not use less than 91 octane and M series should not use less than 87 octane.  Biobutanol 16 or E10 is ok, but no fuels with any methanol or fuels with ethanol above 10 percent.

I have been waiting to post until I got through the break in hours and could load it up a bit.  IMO, the stock surf wave was good, but not great (especially for a bigger dude, like me).  We threw an extra 1k lbs in it and with 4 ppl it is REALLY good.  400 observer seat, 250 bow, the rest split under the rear bags.  I think there is still a lot of room (motor isn’t working hard at all) with some additional tweaking, but it is unbelievable as is.  Wakeboard wake is rampy and super nice too.  They nailed it with this boat if you like the large bow like we do.  It is a bad a** boat.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Ben8tens said:

I have been waiting to post until I got through the break in hours and could load it up a bit.  IMO, the stock surf wave was good, but not great (especially for a bigger dude, like me).  We threw an extra 1k lbs in it and with 4 ppl it is REALLY good.  400 observer seat, 250 bow, the rest split under the rear bags.  I think there is still a lot of room (motor isn’t working hard at all) with some additional tweaking, but it is unbelievable as is.  Wakeboard wake is rampy and super nice too.  They nailed it with this boat if you like the large bow like we do.  It is a bad a** boat.

Can you clean up the wakeboard wake on both sides?   How fast do you need to go to clean it up?

11 hours ago, IXFE said:

Can you clean up the wakeboard wake on both sides?   How fast do you need to go to clean it up?

I only have 3 sets behind it so far and I ride at 22+, so not sure if it clean at lower speeds than that.  I’ll play with it next time I’m out at lower speeds.  Both sides clean at 75’ back at 22.5 for sure.  Zero wash.

I pretty much always surf in the low to mid-11s. I'm the only one in my crew that does. I like to match the boat speed to my board speed, and I prefer to work to keep up, rather than work to stay off the back of the boat. I'm probably not half as good a surfer as most people on this board, though. 

I'm very interested in the LT4 as I run 4000 rpm, at 4000 feet, on my 410 Monsoon, and it is definitely loud. 

I was told by my dealer that with the low pitch prop that the M6 , which is standard, should be sufficient in this boat even loaded to the gills.  I have never been a supercharged high maintenance guy even in my cars.  

I am an old school wakeboarder and I want to know if the wakeboard wake can be as big as the M235 with the boat slammed taking into consideration the new deeper hull?  Is it deeper for 2021?  Does anyone know the actual changes to it? 

I have 40 hrs on my 2021 24 MXZ. The wave is so good! It's the first boat I've personally owned, but I have experience with my brother's 23 LSV. My only issue is all the little things that have gone wrong with the boat since I purchased in July. The storage door came off, a bolt on the engine compartment cover hinge came off, the pad on the swim step is pealing off, the helm chair is loose and rocks around, and I just noticed a 3in crack on the gunwale just behind where the tower is mounted (maybe pressure from the tower?). Is all this normal for a new boat? That being said, it's an awesome boat. 

Also, does anyone have any trouble trailing 24 MXZ? With the LSV we just drive gently on the trailer until it catches, then slightly power on and we're straight and it's easy to wench the last 6inches. This thing is tougher for me, every time I power onto the trailer after it catches, it will not line up straight. Instead of powering on the last 1-2ft, I have to back the trailer deeper, then wench up by hand (it's too heavy to wench by hand unless it's pretty deep). After I've wenched it up (the back is floating around a lot), I pull the trailer out slowly so the falls into place straight. Can anyone give me some advice for this specific boat?

I do the same as you with my 22MXZ. How much the back end floats depends on the steepness of the ramp. I put the trailer in a little shallow, and hit the bunks at about 1.5 to 2 MPH. That lines me up nicely. Hook up the winch and back in another couple of feet and winch it the rest of the way in. 

Pull out slowly and it self centers on the bunks, if it was floating. 

I never power load. It causes problems with the ramps around here. 

Edited by bigskydoc
  • Like 2
On 8/26/2020 at 6:32 PM, KTDad said:

My only issue is all the little things that have gone wrong with the boat since I purchased in July. The storage door came off, a bolt on the engine compartment cover hinge came off, the pad on the swim step is pealing off,

I had the sea deck bubbling up on the swim platform and the reciever for the latch on the storage door fell off on my 2019 25 LSV.  I also have an issue with the brackets that support the seat over the cooler compartment.  As much as this seat gets used, the should have used a bolt, washer/nut and some Loctite instead of wood screws into a 1/4 section of fiberglass.  

A friend has a 2020 25 LSV that is having the sea deck replaced on his swim platform.  Not to mention some issues with the motor that required the boat to returned to the dealer for a month to trouble shoot it.   All that being said, the dealer took care of my issues and his.

Some of these fit and finish items are not inspiring given the price we pay for these things but after 2 sets in it (4.5hrs) I am going to be happy with the wakeboard wake if the M6 will get out of the hole with the additional weight I plan to load it with.  The transition is huge like I was looking for but still has a nice big lip at the top I just hope it can get as big as a G23 when I add the extra weight after the break in period. 

A few concerns: The sliding seat rails seem to bind up and probably just need adjustment.   It did not engage lift mode on several occasions mainly when changing the wedge number.  The new bimini top is awesome except the mechanism that holds the support struts in the back constantly pops out.  My steering wheel rattles loudly when engine under load.  There are a few more and many of these are minor but should not happen in such an expensive boat. 

The surf wave was definitely much bigger than my 2015 23LSV but seemed a little softer at any speed getting far back in the wave outside normal range.  That is not my main concern so I have zero complaints about it.  

4 hours ago, GSell14 said:

I had the sea deck bubbling up on the swim platform and the reciever for the latch on the storage door fell off on my 2019 25 LSV.  I also have an issue with the brackets that support the seat over the cooler compartment.  As much as this seat gets used, the should have used a bolt, washer/nut and some Loctite instead of wood screws into a 1/4 section of fiberglass.  

A friend has a 2020 25 LSV that is having the sea deck replaced on his swim platform.  Not to mention some issues with the motor that required the boat to returned to the dealer for a month to trouble shoot it.   All that being said, the dealer took care of my issues and his.

Malibu switched to their own in-house "seadeck" manufacturing this year, right?  I was assuming they were just doing their own cutting of Seadeck material but with all the recent reports of bubbling on new boats I am starting to wonder if they are using material manufactured by someone else to cut costs and it isn't as durable as SeaDeck.  I am sure someone can chime in as if Malibu is still using Seadeck material or something else. 

ahopkins22LSV
4 hours ago, GSell14 said:

21 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Malibu switched to their own in-house "seadeck" manufacturing this year, right?  I was assuming they were just doing their own cutting of Seadeck material but with all the recent reports of bubbling on new boats I am starting to wonder if they are using material manufactured by someone else to cut costs and it isn't as durable as SeaDeck.  I am sure someone can chime in as if Malibu is still using Seadeck material or something else. 

I highly doubt that it has anything to do with material, it is probably installation. I had a bubble on the factory bow piece of our 2020 VTX. Took a sewing needle to it and pressed it back down. Took less than 5 minutes and has been perfect every sense. I knew this would work because I had the same issue on a piece of Gator step I installed on my 2019 VTX. No need to have the piece replaced. Funny thing on my 19 and 20, both bubbles were not there right away. They came up after being in the sun for a while.