Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Temp on 2007 Wakesetter Vlx

Dillongoetz35

I have a 2007 Malibu Vlx and whenever we leave it on at idle speeds or anything below 5 mph/ still the engine temps raise quickly past 200 degrees. We replaced the impeller but saw no improvements. Our boat has more than 1200 hours. It’s not a huge issue  as once we get going the temps come down but it can get annoying switching riders, having a rider in the water getting set, or going through tight 5 mph zones. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

ahopkins22LSV

May need to replace your thermostat. It’s another cheap item to replace. After that I’d look at the engine main water pump. Also I’d make sure all hoses are good so it’s not sucking air somewhere and loosing prime. Won’t hurt to change the impeller again too. It could be defective. 

Both of those are great suggestions.  I will add that even the cover plate on the impeller can allow the pump to suck air if the gasket isn't correct.  If you check all of the plumbing up to the thermostat block and don't find debris, you have an air leak somewhere at or before the pump.