Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011-2014 a20 bimini and covers (and 2015)

Looking at picking up a used a20 2011-2015 and have seen quite a few with no bimini or boat cover. What boat covers and biminis do people recommend? My wife and 2 of my kids are fair skinned so I would like to be able to leave the bimini deployed but I am trailering and storing in a standard garage so I need to fold the tower so z5 seems like a pain. 

As for boat covers since I’m trailering I’d like to do it covered. Are there any good tower down boat covers for trailering or will I need to do it tower up? A few years from now we will be keeping the boat on a lift so what cover would be good for this?

Thanks for any responses. New to the forum and this will be my first axis but previously owned a sunsetter lx. Looking forward to getting back into boating.

these towers are not made for down towing so you need tower up which is also good also fir garage  or carport tower down storage, you will do best getting one ffom local canvas shop that stays below tge rub rail towing, stock great lakes skipper cover does not do that 

Joesph Tenney on Facebook in Kentucky or tennessee had a very nice one made for his a22 at his local shop

i think i would get bimini frame from malibu, cant remember who makes it,  might be great lakes makes whole thing, i would have to unfold mine and read tag

Edited by granddaddy55

Thanks granddaddy. You have been a wealth of knowledge here and reading through old wakeworld posts as well. I am like you and don’t want to stretch myself thin buying a 100k plus boat. Could I? Yes. Should I? No I have better places to put my money

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Baz787 said:

We have a 2011 A20 that came with FatEx tower but no bimini.  We put this one on it for 500 bucks - we are very happy with it - the frame is sold and it's a great fit.

https://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard-over-tower-bimini-p/262.htm

nice , sort of z5 ish, so it folds and stows in a boot??  i put tower down and up every weekend 

8 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

nice , sort of z5 ish, so it folds and stows in a boot??  i put tower down and up every weekend 

don't know - our tower and bimini stay on all the time - the canvas is just velcro so that would come off easily for sure

16 hours ago, Baz787 said:

don't know - our tower and bimini stay on all the time - the canvas is just velcro so that would come off easily for sure

as I thought just like the z5, cant fold tower with it attached, no bueno but again quite functional for sun, much better than stock bimini that is too high