Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 A24 Propellar Recomendations

I have the A24 2019 W/Monsoon 410..What is the original prop that came on it and are there any upgrades for surfing out there?

I have the 3391 on my 2018 A24 and love it!  It was a game changer for surfing and wakeboarding with full ballast.  Check out this post - 

Not that it matters too much, but I have been blown away at the fuel milaege I have been getting with the stock one.  WE have just over 60 hours on the boat and we are getting between 6-7 gallons an hour and we have all the oversize bags and 10-12  people at all time surfing.  I wonder if the 3391 would make much of a difference.  We are at 440 elevation.

That's a big load and a big boat, so I'm guessing you are running a 17" prop? You should be able to look at the prop to determine which one it is. Look at the face of the hub just behind the nut. If it's an ACME prop, you'll see the model number, diameter and pitch. Once you know that, it will help determine what way to go, if you even need to.

Are you looking for more torque/low end? What are your RPM's at surfing/wakeboarding speeds with those loads?

Edited by formerathlete

My 19 year old daughter F'd it up...lol..I dont have a choice..has a slight vibration and cannot run it till I get a new one.

If it only has a slight vibration, do you have prop repair shop near you to get it repaired? Would be way cheaper than buying a new one (though good to have a spare). 

I have a 2014 A24 running Acme 2315 and love it.  90% surfing with 10% wakeboarding and have no issues. Can also still run 40mph when light.

Surfing 11.6 - 12.0 (3100 rpm)

The Wakemaker's Prop Finder lead me there and had 2 shops validate.

https://www.wakemakers.com/acme-2315-propeller.html

Edited by TeamYoungDad
additional info
57 minutes ago, TeamYoungDad said:

I have a 2014 A24 running Acme 2315 and love it.  90% surfing with 10% wakeboarding and have no issues. Can also still run 40mph when light.

Surfing 11.6 - 12.0 (3100 rpm)

The Wakemaker's Prop Finder lead me there and had 2 shops validate.

https://www.wakemakers.com/acme-2315-propeller.html

In 2018 the a24 went to a 17” prop.