Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Chip for mapping ?

Bigcloud

I got the Antenna hooked up and it looks like the lat/lon is working, towers are recieving signal.   But I put my Lakemaster chip in and it doesn't come up..... I see a lot of people in the past have all been putting Navionics chip in..... is that the only chip that works, (Lakemaster dosen't?)    Or is there some setting I need to change to start it up?

Boat is a 2019 22 MXZ

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

If  nobody know......... can you tell me if your mapping works what chip do you have in?     Navionics chip or Lakemaster chip.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ronnie........ does anyone have a LakeMaster chip working?   Really dont want to spend the extra $125 on a chip since I already have the Lake master chip?

This is the antenna i got from Amazon for my 2019 22MXZ     

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Active-Antenna-28dB-3-5VDC/dp/B00LXRQY9A/ref=asc_df_B00LXRQY9A/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194017009123&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16712803504902865997&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1020086&hvtargid=pla-312526715181&psc=1

This antenna seems to be working, I can see tower signals and gps coordinates (lat/long).   but mapping chip isn't working.

Going to call Medallion today to see which chips it supports.  My LakeMaster chip doesn't seem to work, and most of you say that Navionics is working.

will report back

I'll be interested to know what other mapping software is supported, but I've had very good success with Navionics Plus so far. It's got a lot of good detail - even shows private docks on my home lake.

• 1 month later...

Update on setting up Mapping on a 2019 Malibu 22MXZ......  it worked!!!  Very easy!!!   Cost ....... $15 for GPS antenna and $142 for the Navionics SD card  .....total  $157   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealer would charge $650 to $700

I bought this GPS antenna off of Amazon:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LXRQY9A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought a "Navionics+ North" chip from the local sporting goods store.  You need to buy Navionics+ (and then the chip for your region)  Lakemaster chips will not work, must be Navionics.

Simply put the chip in the Map slot under the dash,  next screw on the GPS antenna under the dash to the open spot near the spot you installed the Navonics SD card.  Run the cable and install the actual antenna in front of the windsheild  (anywhere conveinant in the open air/sky.

Good Luck!

• 5 months later...

Does the little GPS puck just in front of the driver windshield not work for mapping?  Do you have to add a separate GPS antenna for mapping to work...?

ahopkins22LSV
14 hours ago, JasonTucker said:

Does the little GPS puck just in front of the driver windshield not work for mapping?  Do you have to add a separate GPS antenna for mapping to work...?

That is your zero off speed control puck. Does not map. 

15 hours ago, JasonTucker said:

Need to add another antenna, cheap ones from amazon work fine. Mine is mounted under helm out of site. As seen on the right of this pic.image.thumb.png.80f028f84b449292ce01048795ec2767.png