Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear ballast is leaking down

Ktmandy

Over the past couple of weekends I've noticed that after I fill both of the rear piggyback bags up one of them leaks down. I have it connected to the factory plumbing that was in each locker. Is there a check valve inline or is getting back through the pump?

After filling then shut the valve off that's on the fill pump.  This will tell you if the pressure is enough to push it back through the pump.  If it's not going through the pump then the next one to look at is siphoning out the drain line on the hull.

Had the same problem and both my piggybacks were draining through my fill pumps.  Workaround was to close pumps after filling.  Perm fix was to install check valves to not allow water to flow backwards.

Hope this helps!

Where you able to figure out. Having  the same problem And I believe i have found the problem. It’s the duckbill valve on top of the anti siphon loop. If its not seated correctly if will cause the piggy back bag to deflate but your hard tank will be ok because its under th water line 

Bleeker. I haven't messed with it yet but what you are saying makes sense. Is that up in the gunnel area or down in the floor area. If I couldn't find the problem I was going to install a check valve on the supply line.

Both loops will be inside the motor hatch against the back seat. You call fill everything up and open up the valve on top and that will break the flow of water. Im

going out tomorrow to see if I fixed the issue. I will Let you know 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, Bleeker said:

Try opening the top of the siphon loop and check to make sure the duck valve is seated correctly. If fixed my issue of piggie back bag going flat 

fixing mine this week

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, Bleeker said:

Try opening the top of the siphon loop and check to make sure the duck valve is seated correctly. If fixed my issue of piggie back bag going flat 

Does it matter if your fill hoses are at the same height/level as the anti siphon valve?  I messed around with the duck valve piece but seem to still have draining problems.  Maybe I just need a new valve though but wanted to make sure my dealers hose adjustment wasn't causing the problem.

Thanks!