Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Perfect Pass

Kermitbobo

Hello all,

I have a 2004 23LSV with Perfect Pass/analog tachometer. The up arrow went out on the display and perfect pass is saying I can't replace the display unless I upgrade the system. Does anyone have experience fixing the display or know where I can get a used one to replace it? Thanks in advance!

Time to just pony up and buy a new system.  Previously you could get a new muli-line display and a replacement chip for the controller, now you need to just do a full replacement with StarGazer.  Even if you find a used display you would need the controller chip that matches the display unit.

same thing happened to me.  I took mine apart to fix it and it's just not fixable, very small printed circuits connecting the buttons.    Eventually I went to Stargazer

The wonderful we don't support our product but will gladly charge you $850 so you can upgrade to the newest tax. I have the perfect pass with analog tach that I removed because the tach wasn't working and went stargazer. Never heard of the perfect pass side of the gauge not working wonder what I could get for a half working gauge?

21 minutes ago, tbullard said:

The wonderful we don't support our product but will gladly charge you $850 so you can upgrade to the newest tax. I have the perfect pass with analog tach that I removed because the tach wasn't working and went stargazer. Never heard of the perfect pass side of the gauge not working wonder what I could get for a half working gauge?

At what point in time should a vendor stop supporting old products?  Yours is what - 18 years old?  I have a Valentine One radar detector - and to get the latest version it is basically a FULL replacement cost.  And it is only about 6 years old.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Woodski said:

To scrounge for older/used PP parts try:    Ski-it-again and/or Great Lakes Skipper, then of course eBay.

If you want a real laugh take a look at what perfect pass stuff is selling for on ebay.   NOS modules for $5-600 and the only display I found was $300 and looked like it had been dragged down the street.

We only got 18 seasons on our PP before it started going. Its just the down button with issues - all else still works like day 1. And even the down button still works just takes a little extra coaxing. Thats pretty good service for a heavily used outdoor equipment. Been thru 4 stereo head units for contrast. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 12:15 AM, Brad B said:

Sure I would love to sell it. I have the Wakeboard Pro Master Module too. Left all the wiring tied up in the dash though so no wiring.

Curious to know if the gauge in the picture gives a speedometer reading via GPS or is connect to the medallion?