Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge Actuator parts

Hey there.. I have a 2008 wakesetter with original power-wedge actuators.  One of the actuators has stopped working, and on tear down of the housing I determined it's one gear that broke.  Lenco does not sell replacement parts, and I really don't want to buy 2 new actuators.. Both motors are fine.  The #s on the gear is 30/10, 14.5 degrees, 50150-002 B.

If anyone can let me know where I could get that gear or even if anyone has some old actuators that I could get parts from that would be great..I have called my local dealer to see if they have old parts no luck..

Thanks

Chris

image_123927839.JPG

image_123927839-2.JPG

Edited by NCStateGuy
add pictures
2 hours ago, NCStateGuy said:

Hey there.. I have a 2008 wakesetter with original power-wedge actuators.  One of the actuators has stopped working, and on tear down of the housing I determined it's one gear that broke.  Lenco does not sell replacement parts, and I really don't want to buy 2 new actuators.. Both motors are fine.  The #s on the gear is 30/10, 14.5 degrees, 50150-002 B.

If anyone can let me know where I could get that gear or even if anyone has some old actuators that I could get parts from that would be great..I have called my local dealer to see if they have old parts no luck..

Thanks

Chris

image_123927839.JPG

image_123927839-2.JPG

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

All I can say is that this website MalibuCrew is the best!  A great source of info, and some of the best people out there looking to help others.  i'm hoping i can return the favor sometime...

Statefan hooked me up with 2 old actuators that i was able to salvage a better motor and the gear that needed replacement.  Many thanks to you brother!

The disassembly was pretty straightforward, i would just caution that when you pop the lower housing off go slow so that you don't lose the gear arrangement(which I did and had to disassemble my good actuator to see the proper stacking of gears.

I was able to pack everyhting back with waterproof grease and added some flex seal on the inside/outside of the tops and around the outer unions of the housing to help keep them waterproof.  So far working like a charm.   :-)  

The caps of the old actuators are also going to be re-purposed for another member that had a broken cap..  

My daughter had waited all summer to get to surf on our boat...she is happy now!

Thanks everyone!!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
37 minutes ago, NCSUChemE said:

If anyone is still looking at this thread.  I need (2) of this same LENCO part.  50150-002 B

Jheeeeze, edit your post to remove your personal information!

Simply ask everybody to message you through this site....

2 hours ago, NCStateGuy said:

justgary...  not sure what you mean?  Do I need to edit something?  what personal info?

My reply was to @NCSUChemE, who had opened his entire kimono for the entire internet to see.  He did edit his post, but is probably already getting an inheritance from that dead Saudi prince (if he just sends a processing fee).