Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

I absolutely love how my triple axle tows especially when using a smaller truck (f150). The tandem didn’t track as nicely and bounced around a lot more. 

Having the upgraded wheels also makes a big difference for tracking with the wider not as bouncy tires. 

Really depends on how big they make the t25 to tell if it’s needed.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

I absolutely love how my triple axle tows especially when using a smaller truck (f150). The tandem didn’t track as nicely and bounced around a lot more. 

Having the upgraded wheels also makes a big difference for tracking with the wider not as bouncy tires. 

Really depends on how big they make the t25 to tell if it’s needed.

When you say upgraded wheels, do you mean the 18” custom rims? 

The problem you run into with the 18s and a bigger boat on a tandem is getting tires that are rated for enough. 

Other thing with the triple and 14s turning sharp is really hard on the tires with that much side wall and tread. Not very often do you see this setup either. I’m not sure with Malibu but with boat mate you actually get more of a car tire with a slightly different tread that slides a bit nicer. 

15 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

The problem you run into with the 18s and a bigger boat on a tandem is getting tires that are rated for enough. 

Other thing with the triple and 14s turning sharp is really hard on the tires with that much side wall and tread. Not very often do you see this setup either. I’m not sure with Malibu but with boat mate you actually get more of a car tire with a slightly different tread that slides a bit nicer. 

Very heavy rated SUV tires are what most manufacturers use for the 18's. This is what Malibu uses:

https://amzn.to/3xzGGgE

Something like 2800 lbs per tire weight rating.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
spelling

I believe several dealers were able to see and ride in a t250 at the plant . Maybe we will see some pics . I’m excited for ours to arrive, but like others that have ordered , we don’t have a build date yet. 

Im only guessing but I bet July was mostly catching up on orders that were supposed to be 21 models that didn’t make it .  

• Like 2

My dealer was at the Malibu plant last weekend and sent me some pics and videos of the T250.  He had nothing but great things to say about it.  He said the ride and drivability are great, and he said the wake and wave are "sick!" 

The video of the Garmin touch screen showed it to be very responsive and intuitive.  The storage under the seats appears to be nice and deep.  The grab handles are mounted near the seat bottoms, which I'm hoping means they won't jab me in the back anymore :lol:

My anxiety is growing by the day.  Almost time to sell the T22, and then anxiously wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody get a spray date yet? I was told Axis would announce the 250 at the end of the month. I'm guessing since we have no dates yet, its at least middle of next month at earliest. 

Does anyone know when the T250 will be on the axiswake.com site?  We are contemplating a reversal back to Axis but I'd like to play with the builder.  

37 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Does anyone know when the T250 will be on the axiswake.com site?  We are contemplating a reversal back to Axis but I'd like to play with the builder.  

I was told around Labor Day . Your dealer can build anything for you in the dealership portal 

7 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

I was told around Labor Day . Your dealer can build anything for you in the dealership portal 

I’ve seen the builder, options and videos with the dealer but part of the fun of ordering a boat is playing with builder options at home.

12 hours ago, wedge88 said:

I’ve seen the builder, options and videos with the dealer but part of the fun of ordering a boat is playing with builder options at home.

I agree that it would be cool if the Axis site let you build a boat. But if it does, I wasn’t able to figure it out. When we were ordering our boat we could only get it to show us the different colors in their virtual on the water view. It wasn’t like going to a car site where you can see every option offered and add the ones you want. That would have been cool! But we just took delivery of our boat and we are happy, so I guess we got there anyways 👍

21 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

I agree that it would be cool if the Axis site let you build a boat. But if it does, I wasn’t able to figure it out. When we were ordering our boat we could only get it to show us the different colors in their virtual on the water view. It wasn’t like going to a car site where you can see every option offered and add the ones you want. That would have been cool! But we just took delivery of our boat and we are happy, so I guess we got there anyways 👍

Delivery of T250?!

Pretty new to this site but ordered a T250 back in June. Selling my 2007 VLX I’ve had since 08. My wife and I are debating colors. Haven’t had to think about this for quite a while. We’re debating between the silver flake on white or gunmetal flake on white. Will probably depend on the gel scheme but anybody have any input between these colors? 

I am a huge fan of gunmetal.

I had white with charcoal (the old gunmetal) on my 2015 T22. I have gunmetal with Nassau on my 2021 A22. 

284B82E9-53FC-40B8-A272-0D2D33CF4035.png

B2A2A2BD-BAD3-4CC0-AA1D-DFA7027A14ED.jpeg

• Like 2

Anybody that has a T250 on order have a spray date yet? I was told early august when I ordered  but that never happened. I mean I waited 8 months for the last one , so no big deal, just wondering if anyone got a date yet 

3 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

Anybody that has a T250 on order have a spray date yet? I was told early august when I ordered  but that never happened. I mean I waited 8 months for the last one , so no big deal, just wondering if anyone got a date yet 

Nope, mid July order date and no confirmed spray date…good luck to all! 

I haven’t heard anything about my spray date either.  Rumor i heard is that they will do the official release around Labor Day.  I’m guessing Livinlogs will be the first on here to get a date based on when he ordered.   Any day now ‘logs!