Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

So has anybody done or seen just side mounted Rev 10s? I’ve seen that yellow boat before with speakers all over it. But now thinking if it’s possible or if it would look better mounted on the side. I’m assuming the tubing is the same diameter as the top. Wetsounds has a swivel mount but I can’t find any info as to how many fixed positions it has. They would need rotated a bit to shoot straight out since the tower is at an angle. Any info on that?

4 minutes ago, Slurpee said:

You can put them anywhere. 
1839324887_2rackspic2.thumb.JPG.7c74248c92da23c66a557e08353503c5.JPG

What about an Axis with AW20 tower? They usually go on top but thinking of a way to cleanly mount on the side like Malibu does standard. 

I have not done this project on that tower. BUT. The round tube on the AW20 tower is a fixed diameter. Go measure it. Wetsounds, JL, others make standard tower clamps for round tube. If you can find a satisfactory to you location for a tower pod on the round tube it’s simple to mount them. Running the wires needs some creativity though occasionally depending on where it is and where it needs to be.  Before all this OEM overpriced speaker stuff we all had to do this for tower speakers. It’s not that bad. Where there’s a will….

on my T250 I have the 550lbs installed in the rear lockers, and the bags fill up the entire compartment. Does anyone have any insight how the 900lbs bags would fit? The dealer said that 550lbs are the largest bag you can fit in the rear locker. 

2 hours ago, filmerskier97 said:

on my T250 I have the 550lbs installed in the rear lockers, and the bags fill up the entire compartment. Does anyone have any insight how the 900lbs bags would fit? The dealer said that 550lbs are the largest bag you can fit in the rear locker. 

Straight from Malibu product guide for the dealers

900.jpg

I’m pretty sure the dealers have been putting 900’s in the 25lsv as they are a bit more common . Should be the same . I’ll know in a short time when mine arrives. The dealer plans on those . I had them in my a24, but I know that means nothing as they are different hulls 

Your dealer can download the Master Ballast Bag Sheet for MY22 (or for other model years) from Malibu.  It lists the recommended and optional PNP rear ballast bags from Fatsac, Ronix, and Wakemakers for use in each boat model.

7 hours ago, filmerskier97 said:

My dealer is installing 900s and assured me they will fit. 

4 hours ago, Alexei said:

Can any one finally define the size on 900lbs rear Ballast bags for T250? Even Fatcas has several sizes for 900lbs bags. Which Will fit? 

Here is a picture of the factory boat used in the videos with the 900lb bags.  

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iGrhkPxGDwRHU

Edited by gtfish
On 11/7/2021 at 3:51 PM, Slurpee said:

You can put them anywhere. 
1839324887_2rackspic2.thumb.JPG.7c74248c92da23c66a557e08353503c5.JPG

Can you still fold up your Bimini, or is it permanently down with the speakers up top like that? With the standard Bimini for a 25lsv I assume you have to cut holes in the Bimini for the speaker mounts and no good way to fold it up.

29 minutes ago, Maas said:

Did you guys get the extended bimini?

@Livinlogs @IdahoRhino @SurfNAZ  @filmerskier97

Can you take a pic of the bimini from the top, i'm wondering how easy it will be to mount the speakers above the bimini, and will in interfere with the surf pockets on the top of the bimini

I did get the extended Bimini but the boat is still inbound . The other guys might have measurements. I worry about sound cut off because of the extended Bimini but you could probably argue that either way top or bottom based on the angle when surfing 

Edited by Livinlogs
Sp
51 minutes ago, Maas said:

Did you guys get the extended bimini?

@Livinlogs @IdahoRhino @SurfNAZ  @filmerskier97

Can you take a pic of the bimini from the top, i'm wondering how easy it will be to mount the speakers above the bimini, and will in interfere with the surf pockets on the top of the bimini

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iGrhkPxGDwRHU   Couple photos here that might help.  Personally I am going to look for options to move the middle two speakers to the outside of the tower.  

Edited by gtfish
10 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

I did get the extended Bimini but the boat is still inbound . The other guys might have measurements. I worry about sound cut off because of the extended Bimini but you could probably argue that either way top or bottom based on the angle when surfing 

I'm not worried about sound cut off, i just want to make sure the cut outs for the speakers will not interfere with the surf pockets for the boards, i'm 90% sure this is the way i'll go. 

Then all I have to do is swap the clamps around,  get my uppholsterer to sew the holes and put in some zippers so i can remove the bimini and i'm good to go, sounds like the cheapest option to me!  Plus it will give a lot more space in the boat, even in my current VLX i hit my head on the speaker sometimes when sitting on the drivers bolster

2 minutes ago, Maas said:

I'm not worried about sound cut off, i just want to make sure the cut outs for the speakers will not interfere with the surf pockets for the boards, i'm 90% sure this is the way i'll go. 

Then all I have to do is swap the clamps around,  get my uppholsterer to sew the holes and put in some zippers so i can remove the bimini and i'm good to go, sounds like the cheapest option to me!  Plus it will give a lot more space in the boat, even in my current VLX i hit my head on the speaker sometimes when sitting on the drivers bolster

If you move the speakers to the side, you are going to need to buy new (swivel) clamps.  Otherwise the speaker are going to aim down.

2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

If you move the speakers to the side, you are going to need to buy new (swivel) clamps.  Otherwise the speaker are going to aim down.

When did i talk about moving them to the side???  

we're talking about moving them above the bimini like the pic, like I said "above the bimini"........... reading is good

45 minutes ago, familyfun said:

Can you still fold up your Bimini, or is it permanently down with the speakers up top like that? With the standard Bimini for a 25lsv I assume you have to cut holes in the Bimini for the speaker mounts and no good way to fold it up.

Absolutely. I fold it. There are seamed holes for the mounts. Yes. But. There are also long zippered openings from those holes. So when I want to fold the Bimini up I unzip all four mounting points and fold it over no problem. The zippers are a lot like the one from the tow point on the tower. So you can reach up and manipulate the ropes. 

1 hour ago, Maas said:

When did i talk about moving them to the side???  

we're talking about moving them above the bimini like the pic, like I said "above the bimini"........... reading is good

Sorry mistook you for @MadCan, who did ask about side mounting above.  Carry on.  I like the Mikey Mouse ears concept!  Interesting issue with the extended bimini.  Makes the "basic" bimini + fluid concepts extension seem all the better.