Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

13 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

You proved my point in the last paragraph. You don’t know that until you go to your dealer and discuss the build regardless of knowing the msrp ahead of time or not. It means everything because it sets the final price that you are going to pay and it is generally up to the dealer, not Malibu. You can keep stating it should work like the auto industry but it’s not and I don’t see it going that way to be honest. It’s two completely different businesses and not just cars vs boats. 

Well we think differently about it, i'd like to be able to build a boat online, you want to go into the dealership.  Just different opinions

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Can you get the fold down swim step on the T250?  (I think I know the answer here...)

$55k delta between a loaded up T250 and a 25 LSV from my quotes....

No Fold down swim step, personally i don't like it, I thought I would love it, but when I saw it on a 2022 25lsv and I wasnt' impressed, having to reach down to lower it , and lowering it when you're in the water isn't great either.  

The whole mechanism is very heave as well.

My delta was larger than that.  well wouldnt' it be nice if i could go online and build the two boats side by side and see the price delta..........

2 hours ago, Maas said:

No Fold down swim step, personally i don't like it, I thought I would love it, but when I saw it on a 2022 25lsv and I wasnt' impressed, having to reach down to lower it , and lowering it when you're in the water isn't great either.  

My delta was larger than that.  well wouldnt' it be nice if i could go online and build the two boats side by side and see the price delta..........

Agree, I like the idea of the swim step but hate they way they did it. Hinges Need to be much lower profile, maybe more of a cantilever type design. 

Dealers don't want you to know the price difference.  They want you to come in so they can sell you a boat.  Until the have trouble moving inventory they don't really care what we want. I'd love the carvana vending machine for boats but that ain't happening. 

On 9/24/2021 at 7:06 PM, hethj7 said:

@Mass Just FYI, boatmate hasn’t supplied factory trailers for Malibu since about 2015(?).  Malibu does their own in house.  

@ahopkinsVTX I respect respectfully disagree.  Even if you don’t know your discount, knowing MSRP would give relative perspective between options.  And if you know your discount, apply it and be done.  

Agree.  We have a great relationship with our dealer and they're very responsive but I can't tell you how many "family meetings" we had around the table, after hours or on weekends, and it would have been great to know if the desired option was 1, available on the model we were looking at and 2, MSRP to give me a better idea of how badly I wanted it.   Would have saved my dealer contact a lot of time of adjusting the build sheets too.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, Maas said:

Yea, once you have the swim step, it would be hard to go away from it.  Lots of believers on here.  Our dealer doesn't order without.

You are right, the delta is bigger. 

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Does anyone know if there are dual fuel fills as an option on the T250?

Didn't see an option for that but I wish they'd make this standard to the Axis line or, at least, an option.  This was definitely in our "cons" category when switching back to Axis.  No one in their right mind wouldn't check that box so why even have a box for it, just make it standard and add it to the base price.  

44 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Didn't see an option for that but I wish they'd make this standard to the Axis line or, at least, an option.  This was definitely in our "cons" category when switching back to Axis.  No one in their right mind wouldn't check that box so why even have a box for it, just make it standard and add it to the base price.  

I agree.  I don't understand it either.  They ought to have it standard across both Malibu and Axis.  It doesn't add much to the cost in the manufacturing process at all.    

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Does anyone know if there are dual fuel fills as an option on the T250?

Holy s***e.... I never noticed this, seriously?  one fuel filler? looking at the pics now i see it's only on the port side, that's pretty stupid.  I just assumed it would be there like my malibu

23 minutes ago, Maas said:

Holy s***e.... I never noticed this, seriously?  one fuel filler? looking at the pics now i see it's only on the port side, that's pretty stupid.  I just assumed it would be there like my malibu

I don't know for sure on the T250 but the T220 it's only on the port and I've never understood it.  I get that most tow vehicle gas doors are on the drivers side but people also fill these up on the lake and Malibu/Axis boats swing to the starboard when in reverse so it makes it really difficult on the marinas we frequent with single sided stalls.  With our Malibu I loop around with nose towards dock, bump reverse and stern comes in nice and easy.  Our old axis required a few passengers when we made visits to the marina to help whereas I could take our Malibu and do it on my own. 

I don't need thrusters on a 22' boat.  I just need a gas filler on the other side or option for both. 

Malibu, please take care of this before January builds.  Please and Thank You!

The gas cap on the T220 is more flush mount then the other Axis so its probably a lot easier for them to add it if they decide to offer it. 

For me it would be a pretty easy delete to save costs if it were an option.  It really seems like a Malibu convenience option to me  so I wouldn't expect them to offer it. 

22 hours ago, vanamp said:

The gas cap on the T220 is more flush mount then the other Axis so its probably a lot easier for them to add it if they decide to offer it. 

For me it would be a pretty easy delete to save costs if it were an option.  It really seems like a Malibu convenience option to me  so I wouldn't expect them to offer it. 

I hear ya but I bet you'd use it if it were standard.  We're not talking a $500+ option here.  The gas tank spans port to starboard so costs would be minimal and even if I solely filled up on dry land, there are times when you simply can't get the lane on that side but having the option for both just makes sense.  Look at all the options that crossed the Malibu bridge to Axis.  

Not taking away from your viewpoint but the more active this post becomes, the better chance I have of getting it by February.....(a guy can wish, right?)

52 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

I hear ya but I bet you'd use it if it were standard.  We're not talking a $500+ option here.  The gas tank spans port to starboard so costs would be minimal and even if I solely filled up on dry land, there are times when you simply can't get the lane on that side but having the option for both just makes sense.  Look at all the options that crossed the Malibu bridge to Axis.  

Not taking away from your viewpoint but the more active this post becomes, the better chance I have of getting it by February.....(a guy can wish, right?)

There's also the issue of how people dock their boats.  Our dock configuration is best suited for port filling.  2 years ago it was the opposite.  Malibu has been doing this for years, so I find it odd that such a nominal cost item hasn't made its way to Axis.  My 2006 has dual fuel fills.  Not sure what year they started doing it but I do like the flexibility.  

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

If I was forced to get I would absolutely use it since my docks on the wrong side but I want anything stripped off that can be to try to keep costs down.  The more options that cross over the less value I feel we get going to the "budget" brand.  I bet if you added all the Malibu options to an Axis the Axis would cost more than a Malibu.

Fortunately for me, the Axis fuel port is right were I need it. I fill from 5 gallon cans from my dock. I see where everyone is coming from on this, but I'm with vanamp in that you can't have it all with the Axis, as the point of the brand is to keep the costs down. Every little option adds up and adds to the complexity in the plant.

2 hours ago, Raimie said:

Fortunately for me, the Axis fuel port is right were I need it. I fill from 5 gallon cans from my dock. I see where everyone is coming from on this, but I'm with vanamp in that you can't have it all with the Axis, as the point of the brand is to keep the costs down. Every little option adds up and adds to the complexity in the plant.

You fill from 5 gallon cans??? WOW!  t250 is 96 gallons, that's a lot of cans!  I wouldn't want to do that,  just filing from a pump is going to take a long time, i cant imagine doing it from cans

12 hours ago, Maas said:

You fill from 5 gallon cans??? WOW!  t250 is 96 gallons, that's a lot of cans!  I wouldn't want to do that,  just filing from a pump is going to take a long time, i cant imagine doing it from cans

I use 5 gallon cans also. Pretty quick with a Drop N Fill system. The extra 5/10 min saves a ton of of money compared to buying it on the water. 

Edited by Dsalyers

Looks like I’m going to have to use this approach for my incoming m240 as the Lt4 engine requires premium fuel and none of the filling stations on the lake I live on sells premium.   I also figured I could get a 20 gallon tank and just top off each time I go out 

56 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

Looks like I’m going to have to use this approach for my incoming m240 as the Lt4 engine requires premium fuel and none of the filling stations on the lake I live on sells premium.   I also figured I could get a 20 gallon tank and just top off each time I go out 

So we have community docks/slips in our neighborhood. I use one of those heavy duty beach wagons and 5/6 gallon plastic rotopax style cans to transport fuel to our slip from the house . I can fit 30-35gallons plus the the drop N fill in the wagon. Takes 2 trips/20min total to basically fill the 79 gallon tank. I have 15 gas cans and always have them full and ready to go.

44 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

We have a 20gal tank on wheels with a hand crank.  Only takes about 2 minutes to empty it.  We have a 20gal tank with the siphon type hose we keep in the truck that we fill the roller tank with so we never have to lift a full tank out of the truck.

We don't have gas on our lake and it works pretty good to keep boat topped off.

Speaking of MSRP and discount Malibu pretty much has us by the eggs... I cant shop dealers because any time I try to they send me back to my home dealer. I am getting 6.5% off MSRP from my dealer on a T250... seems like I am getting punked...

7 minutes ago, Safety3rd said:

Speaking of MSRP and discount Malibu pretty much has us by the eggs... I cant shop dealers because any time I try to they send me back to my home dealer. I am getting 6.5% off MSRP from my dealer on a T250... seems like I am getting punked...

Why would you consider that being punked?  dealer makes about 25% on an axis.  Depending on the number of boats available and what their allocation is and their operating expenses will determine what their discount will be, make your decision based off if you want the boat at the price available and is your dealer relationship important to you.

If your dealer only has 10 boats for next year, wouldn't you sell them all at full price?  Allocations over these past years have been low, any dealer would be happy to sell any boat that is profitable if they can just call up and order another one, when they only have a limited amount you can expect that they want to hold on to their profit as there is a fixed amount they can make this/next year.

12 minutes ago, Safety3rd said:

Yea, they aren't going to let you shop between dealers.  This isn't like buying a car.  You have to shop between brands for leverage (if you need it).  Discounts are going to vary tremendously between brands and supply.  

Edited by Five Cent Worth