Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

3 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

so i understand how you did yours i think   but curious if any of the ace ballast guys can chime in. could I achieve what I am hoping with a little more work. use the through hull at the  T  to install a hi flow pump  assuming there is room?, could this be y'd  off to 2 bags? one on starboard one on port and then be attached to the center bilge drain hole for emptying? effectively not adding any more holes in the boat? if so that would be fantastic!

This would work, but it may be slow. The center drain hole isn’t super big. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, MadCan said:

Awesome! Can you send me the info on that?? My dealer still hasn’t come up with anything. 

Sent you a message . Heatercraft for others interested . I probably could install it but I’m glad the dealership did . FYI , they did not have the rumored garmin update on Friday. I’ll take it back this week if they can update it . 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:23 AM, smuurph84 said:

so i understand how you did yours i think   but curious if any of the ace ballast guys can chime in. could I achieve what I am hoping with a little more work. use the through hull at the  T  to install a hi flow pump  assuming there is room?, could this be y'd  off to 2 bags? one on starboard one on port and then be attached to the center bilge drain hole for emptying? effectively not adding any more holes in the boat? if so that would be fantastic!

To be clear, I just did that since I am only filling a single bag.  It was much cleaner and easier to just use that location, since I don't ever drain our boat through the center plug.  It was just a wasted thru-hull for me.  It is fast enough to finish up before the rear tanks and PNP bags are filled, so I don't mind the pace.  I believe my current bag is around 700lbs-ish for size purposes, but I'm guessing.  I'll have to see if I can find a model number on it, but not sure.  I'm not sure what kind of fill times you'd get trying to fill two bags off of that location.  So if you aren't in a crazy hurry and don't feel like drilling below the water line, I'd give it a try first.  You can always add another thru-hull later.

In saying that though, another consideration is that you can't really control what gets filled and at what pace if you just send one feed to two bags on opposite sides of your boat.   One bag could fill up before the other or you could create a situation where only one side ever fills all the way or even at all. Water will take the lowest path of least resistance.  I could see situations where you might never get one side filled all the way, while the other side is purging.  

If I were trying to use a single pickup location for both bags, I'd want to run two independent pumps.  The only time it makes sense to run a single pump to multiple filling locations is if they are in more of a piggyback configuration on the same side/location IMHO.

I would wye into one of the ballast drain locations before using the bilge location due to the bilge hose size being smaller and the way the bilge line is setup.  If the water from one bag ended up backflling into another bag, no big deal.  I'm not sure I'd want to take the chance of it backfilling right into the hull through my bilge pump.  Just make sure you put check valves on any of the lines if you plan to combine them.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, Livinlogs said:

Finally came in and installed 

A2AA1344-8D16-4229-AE4E-458277CABC0C.jpeg

Huge hit the past few outings when it has been a bit windy or chilly . Pumps a large qty of water compared to stock Malibu shower . This and the winch upgrade to F2 , are my best mods. And that LT4, amazing engine ! 

• 1 month later...

So just curious if anyone has done any tinkering with the stereo on these. I know it's more of an all 2022 Axis category but figured I'd ask here. I guess my biggest complaint is the sub. Prob the enclosure that is the downfall and not the sub itself. Yes it gets loud but just doesnt seem to have a lot of power. Sound pack 3 with 4 Rev10s.

15 hours ago, MadCan said:

So just curious if anyone has done any tinkering with the stereo on these. I know it's more of an all 2022 Axis category but figured I'd ask here. I guess my biggest complaint is the sub. Prob the enclosure that is the downfall and not the sub itself. Yes it gets loud but just doesnt seem to have a lot of power. Sound pack 3 with 4 Rev10s.

Try pulling the box and using some butyl rope/tape to help create a seal for the box on all of the inside edges.  You should notice some improvements based on my prior experience doing this.

https://www.amazon.com/Poweka-Sealant-Headlamps-Windshield-Waterproof/dp/B08398DP4Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3RRIV269NFY18&keywords=black+butyl+rope&qid=1666098511&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjk1IiwicXNhIjoiMi41MiIsInFzcCI6IjIuMDAifQ%3D%3D&s=industrial&sprefix=black+butyl+rope%2Cindustrial%2C84&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

1 hour ago, bcoppess23 said:

There isn't a box... Axis subs are mounted free air/infinite baffle on the helm/kick wall.  Inherent limitations in getting high output from that setup.

17 hours ago, MadCan said:

I have the same sub in our T220.  I have the same feedback.  I do wonder if it can be tuned to perform a lot better with adjustments on the amp.  My friend's A20 has the 10" sub and it hits noticeably harder than the 12 in our T220.  But I have not touched the factory settings. 

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

There isn't a box... Axis subs are mounted free air/infinite baffle on the helm/kick wall.  Inherent limitations in getting high output from that setup.

Well, that is silly and throws out that possibility.  HA

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Solution is to cut a hole, insert box, cover with trim panel. 

62C4611D-55FF-427F-9864-17037BDC01F1.jpeg

Did you have to make a custom box or is it an off the shelf type? Is there already a thread explaining all this that I can go to? This will be a good winter project.

3 hours ago, MadCan said:

Did you have to make a custom box or is it an off the shelf type? Is there already a thread explaining all this that I can go to? This will be a good winter project.

Custom box. No thread, but @IXFE has done this procedure to many malibus over the years and his threads give pretty detailed explanations. You aren’t really going to know how to build your box till you take the current sub out and measure how much space you have. And then your box will also obviously be constrained by the size of the hole you cut in the kick panel. 

it’s an adventure. Nothing gets the adrenaline pumping like taking a jigsaw to your perfectly good boat.