Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

My T250 is here. Some minor gel coat issues. I cant find details anywhere online and wondering about storage. Can anyone tell me the height of the boat trailered with the tower up and with it down???

36 minutes ago, SteakNWake said:

My T250 is here. Some minor gel coat issues. I cant find details anywhere online and wondering about storage. Can anyone tell me the height of the boat trailered with the tower up and with it down???

Mine is still getting Gelcoat repaired after two months or I’d go measure . Granted there was all the holidays and I’m in no rush , but it would be nice to have it . There are several people on here that have theirs already . I might be able to measure this week . Mines on a triple with 18’s so I think that may or may not make a difference 

23 hours ago, SteakNWake said:

134.5” tower up. 102” tower down. That’s what I got from my dealer and also on a triple with 18s. What he had on file. 

I know Im beating a dead horse here but we still have about a month to make any changes. Pretty much settled on everything but the motor. Currently going with the M6 but second guessing that as more info and real world opinions come out. We will be at sea level half the time then at about 1100 feet the other half. Most of the time I'll have 4-6 people in it with the occasional larger group. Is the LT4 worth it? I keep going back to the phrase "nobody has ever said I wish I had less power".

I had two A24 previously. Both had m6. This boat will be slightly heavier . I boat at around 6100'. The m6 did fine but was about 4000rpm surfing left. Does it have to have the lt4? No, but I'm excited about the 1300 rpm drop based on dealer experience. I put the lt4 in the new 250. If you are lower elevation, probably no need for lt4. The 250 is a big boat . Plus you don't have to worry about fuel for the lt4. I trailer every time so I don't have to worry about finding premium . Show some pics when yours arrives . 

28 minutes ago, MadCan said:

I know Im beating a dead horse here but we still have about a month to make any changes. Pretty much settled on everything but the motor. Currently going with the M6 but second guessing that as more info and real world opinions come out. We will be at sea level half the time then at about 1100 feet the other half. Most of the time I'll have 4-6 people in it with the occasional larger group. Is the LT4 worth it? I keep going back to the phrase "nobody has ever said I wish I had less power".

Honestly the M6 will be more than adequate for you.  I have the LT4 (it is awesome!), but it will not be necessary based on what you described.  I was the first person to order a T250 at my dealership with an LT4, and they say it’s not a common option selected for the T250 or the 25LSV at that dealership.

54 minutes ago, MadCan said:

Wow. That’s a quick turn around! 

I was a bit worried when I saw some of the boat builds taking 9 months or more.  Not sure why mine was quicker than others as this is less than a transparent process.  My dealer mentioned getting boat show boats out and then "preffered dealers".  My dealer has ~10 T250's and most will be made a delivered about the same time as mine.  

Dealers have pre assigned build slots for inventory. So before they go into production they can sell them as a customer order pre sold boat rather than inventory. Some dealers will have more availability. 

Edited by Cole2001
49 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

My dealer told me yesterday, If I ordered now ,delivery in MAY. They had a couple build slots available. Who believes that? After hearing all the time lengths mentioned on TMC, I have doubts. 

You cannot look at any other orders or peoples orders from other dealers. Order date has nothing to do with production date. Only thing you can look at is your dealers historical orders. Every dealer is assigned build slots. You could order a boat from them in June of 2021 and get slotted to an April build slot. They could have a non sold boat that also has an april build slot and I buy that in February and make changes up to 30 days before the build slot. So you cannot gauge build time based on others purchases. 

Edited by mk2driver

Everything that @mk2driversaid . Do you have history with the dealer ? Know other people that do? What other 250’s do they have on order? All great things to know . I will tell you my experience on the past two boats I ordered during Covid , is even if everything you heard is true , supply chain can still throw it all out the window . My 250 was 90 days later than expected . Heading into winter and it’s no big deal . Things may be totally out of your dealers control. I have heard things are getting better for Malibu but they still have huge order amounts to fill. My dealer here still has build slots left for 22 delivery , so it’s not an odd statement. My 21 model took 9 months to arrive , my 22 took 6 months . I think they were both during the absolute worst time in production due to supply constraints. I hope you have a great summer on your new 250 

I have my deposit in and about to complete the purchase of my T250. I did not know initially what paddle wheel / GPS was and now I found out it down not have paddle wheel added. I assume it’s for the reason mentioned by someone earlier in the thread where they ran out of parts. We are on a river at times. So my question is… is this a big deal to not have and is this something I should be asking for a discount for not having or ask that they add it later when parts come in? Is that possible to add and is it hard to add or require a lot of shop time? Just trying to see what direction I should take….

1 hour ago, SteakNWake said:

I have my deposit in and about to complete the purchase of my T250. I did not know initially what paddle wheel / GPS was and now I found out it down not have paddle wheel added. I assume it’s for the reason mentioned by someone earlier in the thread where they ran out of parts. We are on a river at times. So my question is… is this a big deal to not have and is this something I should be asking for a discount for not having or ask that they add it later when parts come in? Is that possible to add and is it hard to add or require a lot of shop time? Just trying to see what direction I should take….

If you're on the river you just have to compensate for the speed readings depending on if you're going upriver or down.  If it's a wide river/slow current it might matter a lot less than you think.  Maybe a half a MPH adjustment either direction for surfing.  Or just surf one direction and never think about it again.  that's what we tend to do on the Columbia on our friend's boat.  Wakeboard one direction until everyone's had a turn, and then turn around and surf back. 

Edited by rennis

Most of the new boats are coming with gps only. You just need to adjust the speed accordingly. My lake has some very strong current and I just go by look of the wave and change the speed to what is desired. Anywhere from 0.2 to 0.8mph generally in my case for each direction. 

16 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Most of the new boats are coming with gps only. You just need to adjust the speed accordingly. My lake has some very strong current and I just go by look of the wave and change the speed to what is desired. Anywhere from 0.2 to 0.8mph generally in my case for each direction. 

Is this due to a supplier issue? Can you have both on a boat? Is it hard to install yourself?