Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

15 minutes ago, Maas said:

Yeah, it is expensive but I've never been in a situation where I thought ' i wish i had less power' 

The lower rpms, and the knowledge that with 10 people on board , 1k in lead and full ballast, it should still do whatever I want!

Plus I hear that the LT4 is quieter than the other engines, which is a big deal to me. 

i'm at 100 ASL so i'll be good!  

I get it.  My M6 in my 23LSV is so much more quiet than the 6.2 Raptor in my old VLX.  I remain impressed with the drivetrain in my boat.  I can't help but think for my uses the M6 would remain adequate.  

4 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

If you are roughly at level, how would the M5 handle the T250?  Probably short on power if full?  

I don't see how the M5 works well in that boat fully loaded.  ICBW, but I wouldn't want it in my 23LSV.  JMO, and I know there are those here with the same boat as me with the M5 that don't have issues, but there are others that do.  Like @Maaassaid, I've never heard of anyone in a situation saying they'll take less power.  I'm certainly not one of those.  In the T250, the premium for the LT4 is over 16k above the M5.  That's a bunch of cabbage.

2 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

If you are roughly at level, how would the M5 handle the T250?  Probably short on power if full?  

I wouldnt' want a 25 foot boat that is over 15 000 lbs full of water fuel and people with an M5

Full boat is:

Boat is 5516
Ballast:
Front:900
Center: 868
Rear hard tanks : 750
Rear PNP: 1800 (yes you can put 900 in each rear locker)
PW 3: 1500
Lead 1000 lbs
People 2000 lbs (big dudes small chicks)
Fuel 880 lbs
Misc 500

Total 15714 lbs!!!

M5 is insufficient

• Like 1

I ordered the LT4 because I boat at 6100’ . Sometimes a little lower. My last two A24’s had the M6. My 21 had 900 sacs in the back and it struggled noticeably more than my 20 model because of that and maybe the new hull weighing a bit more. With all that , my dealer sent me a video from a demo at the factory in a 250 with the m5 and about 10 guys in it throwing a great wave . That was at sea level. He stated that was Axis’s point, that the m5 does work for that boat. I say I’m done with buying boats for a while. I made the decision on the LT4 because my normal every day surf lake is the exception to the typical use case. And yes , the up charge hurts to think about 

43 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I get it.  My M6 in my 23LSV is so much more quiet than the 6.2 Raptor in my old VLX.  I remain impressed with the drivetrain in my boat.  I can't help but think for my uses the M6 would remain adequate.  

What RPM's do you run at? Will be interesting to see how the T220/T250 with an M6 compare.

20 minutes ago, victoryismine06 said:

What RPM's do you run at? Will be interesting to see how the T220/T250 with an M6 compare.

That's dependent on rider, ballast, and speed.  For our smaller, younger riders, I'm seeing RPM between 2800-3000.  For the adults and more experienced riders using more ballast and a slightly higher speed we see between 3200-3300.  This is a 2021 23LSV M6 with the 2805 prop at ~600-1,000' in elevation.  With this prop, we also see top speed at WOT of approximately 40-41 MPH.  We don't typically do that, but had to give it a test when I put the 2805 on.   

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

so the M6 is a $4k ish upgrade from the M5 and the LT4 is another $12-13K on top of that?

I think so.  The price I was quote for the LT4 was nearly 17k which tells me it's 17k above the M5 and likely 12-13 above the M6.  I didn't price one with the M6 yet.

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I think so.  The price I was quote for the LT4 was nearly 17k which tells me it's 17k above the M5 and likely 12-13 above the M6.  I didn't price one with the M6 yet.

$16,986 over m5 msrp Lt4

$5404 over m5 msrp m6 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

$16,986 over m5 msrp Lt4

$5404 over m5 msrp m6 

Exactly the same numbers I saw. 

It was an impulse urge for me to upgrade to the LT4.  Like others have said, the ability to be fully weighted and achieve any desired speed is too hard to resist.  Plus, I've always wanted a CTS-V or ZL1 Camaro, but I'm spending all my money on a boat instead. 

• Like 1

Here's a strange question but I like to overthink things a bit... If you keep the Axis logo in the original spot towards the bow, where do you put your registration numbers on the T250/220?  We're debating the logo delete and having domednumbers make a custom one we'll put in a more traditional spot but it's got me scratching my head.

3 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Here's a strange question but I like to overthink things a bit... If you keep the Axis logo in the original spot towards the bow, where do you put your registration numbers on the T250/220?  We're debating the logo delete and having domednumbers make a custom one we'll put in a more traditional spot but it's got me scratching my head.

Funny, I have been wondering the same thing.

Just now, SurfNAZ said:

Funny, I have been wondering the same thing.

I think it solidified our choice to remove the logo on the build sheet.  My wife likes where it is and I didn't so I jumped on Domed website to look at options and when I saw the registration #s I realized Malibu may have messed up on that placement.  

ouuuff.  The only T220 in the wild that was posted on FB didn't even have reg numbers.  

The 22' 25LSV has the Malibu logo further forward, but just past the dash.  Doesn't seem it would interfere with the registration.

Edited by saxton15
9 hours ago, saxton15 said:

Hmm the bump to the M6 seems like the no brainer

I am running the speed prop on my a22 and m6. I run around 3000–3300 rpm pending crew and wedge when we surf.  

It might be a bit overkill but I can sack it out put the wedge in lift and have 8 people on board and it will hit 22mph in no time. 

Edited by ndahlberg12

I just saw the T250 with the registration numbers off the back of the logo.  It does not look bad so that is the route we are going with our T220 but will likley upgrade to dommed numbers or similar. 

Edited by vanamp
On 9/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, vanamp said:

Its going to be a loooong winter waiting but excited to get it dialed in this spring.  We upgraded the engine to the M6Di. Got the extended bimni and of course the upgraded sport dash. 

Yes/Same/Same/Same