Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

@Livinlogs Did you go for the M6 or the LT4? 

My dealer assures me that the M6 is more than enough for the 25 LSV, and I like the $11,500 lower price.  I mean the LT4 would be awesome, but is it worth the increased price?

19 minutes ago, SurfNAZ said:

My dealer assures me that the M6 is more than enough for the 25 LSV, and I like the $11,500 lower price.  I mean the LT4 would be awesome, but is it worth the increased price?

I did the m6. More than enough on my a24. I know my dealer usually orders lsv25’s with the lt4, but he didn’t really push it on my order. It’s a big upgrade over the m6 as you know and this t250 is already pushing the Axis price way up. I love what I saw. I believe my dealer will have his first demo next month so it will be nice to see soon 

6 minutes ago, cf250 said:

roughly how much more is the t250 over the a24 @Livinlogs @SurfNAZ

I’m curious about that as well.  

on the M6, with what little time I’ve had with my new boat, the M6 is a powerhouse.  Further, with the 2:1 and prop options available, there’s really no need for the LT4 given the cost, IMO.  Like @hethj7said, there are plenty of 25LSV and 24MXZ owners happy with the M6.

I would just move the logo to the side with an aftermarket setup from Domed Numbers, easy fix. But looks great, wish there was more pics!

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the cost difference between the A24 and the T250, since I did not price an A24.  I am not going to talk about costs, because (a) my dealer asked me not to and (b) chances are, I'll learn I could have saved more :loser:

There are three different gel coat schemes available for the T250.  I am sure they all have the Axis logo near the front, but there are options to suit different tastes.  I chose "Flip Side", which is different than the one posted by vaporbluebu, which was "Straight Up".  The base coat color (black on "Straight Up") does not extend as far forwards and does not cross into the logo.

Thanks to all that provided input on the M6.  I feel like it's the right choice for a more budget friendly build.  

3 hours ago, SurfNAZ said:

Just ordered my T250 last night!  My dealer has asked that I not provide images yet, since Axis has not officially unveiled this model.  

The T250 does have the walk through on the rear transom with a filler cushion option, and it does incorporate the A24 trashcan location.  Additionally, from the videos that I have seen, the T250 will have hinged seat bottoms that open along the short edge, like the new Malibus.  The new dash is very different with a touch panel/gauges offset to the right of the driver's view allowing for a less obstructed view through the windshield.

I'm a little nervous about buying a new boat that has not been released to the public yet, but my dealer has been good to me.  My T22 has been awesome, so I expect great things from this larger boat.

Can you comment on what size gas tank it has? 

29 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

Can you comment on what size gas tank it has? 

I am pretty sure it is 96 Gallons  <-- A large factor in my decision to upgrade from my T22, which has a 48 gallon tank.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, SurfNAZ said:

I am pretty sure it is 96 Gallons  <-- A large factor in my decision to upgrade from my T22, which has a 48 gallon tank.

$400 later to fill up hahahaha

13 minutes ago, carguy79ta said:

By chance do you have a dry weight you can share?

I remember seeing around 5600 but that’s what they publish for the current 25lsv. 

On 6/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, SurfNAZ said:

Just ordered my T250 last night!  My dealer has asked that I not provide images yet, since Axis has not officially unveiled this model.  

The T250 does have the walk through on the rear transom with a filler cushion option, and it does incorporate the A24 trashcan location.  Additionally, from the videos that I have seen, the T250 will have hinged seat bottoms that open along the short edge, like the new Malibus.  The new dash is very different with a touch panel/gauges offset to the right of the driver's view allowing for a less obstructed view through the windshield.

I'm a little nervous about buying a new boat that has not been released to the public yet, but my dealer has been good to me.  My T22 has been awesome, so I expect great things from this larger boat.

Congrats! Post more info as soon as you can!

On 6/2/2021 at 3:15 PM, SurfNAZ said:

I did change my mind and went with lt4. My primary lake is 6600’ and this boat is going to be heavier than the a24. Not sure by how much. I was worried about fuel consumption but my awesome dealer says it’s about the same because of the lower rpms at surf speed. It’s a big number for sure

On 6/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, Livinlogs said:

I did change my mind and went with lt4. My primary lake is 6600’ and this boat is going to be heavier than the a24. Not sure by how much. I was worried about fuel consumption but my awesome dealer says it’s about the same because of the lower rpms at surf speed. It’s a big number for sure

I'm still toying with the idea of the LT4.  I wish I could try both with fully weighted boats. 

One factor that I hadn't really considered is that 91 octane fuel can be difficult to get at many marinas.  (There's a thread regarding engine choices for 25LSVs where this came up.)  Typically, I fill up on land, which makes this a moot point; however, I do want to take this boat on bigger lake vacations.  A quick check on Lake Powell's website showed me that 87 Octane is all that you can get at the Wahweap and Dangling Rope marinas.  

12 hours ago, SurfNAZ said:

I'm still toying with the idea of the LT4.  I wish I could try both with fully weighted boats. 

One factor that I hadn't really considered is that 91 octane fuel can be difficult to get at many marinas.  (There's a thread regarding engine choices for 25LSVs where this came up.)  Typically, I fill up on land, which makes this a moot point; however, I do want to take this boat on bigger lake vacations.  A quick check on Lake Powell's website showed me that 87 Octane is all that you can get at the Wahweap and Dangling Rope marinas.  

The fuel thing is a consideration and a Powell trip is something I plan in the future but 99% of the time I fill up on land. I just figure I’ll deal with the exception when it happens. We live 10 minutes from our home lake and trailer every single time, so fuel availability isn’t the issue, it’s that huge up charge for the motor that made me flinch. 

2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

For those who need premium but don't have it available.

https://amzn.to/3x94ick

3oz per gallon on 87 makes it 93 octane.

2oz per gallon makes it 91.

Thanks a lot... now you're making my decision on which engine to get difficult again LOL

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 6:02 PM, AdrockATX said:

Can anyone post pics? Build sheets or real?  

Go take a look at Malibu's site with the new redesign 25LSV. It's that exact hull. 

Just now, mk2driver said:

Go take a look at Malibu's site with the new redesign 25LSV. It's similar to that hull and design. Here is a crappy pic. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 6.46.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 6.47.02 PM.png