Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 a24

smuurph84

On 4/18/2021 at 9:25 PM, bovhica said:

That surf wave is sick!  I'm trying to dial my friends 21 A24.  He has floating wedge and pnp over stock, all full (bow bag and 750s in the rear.)  What extra weight/lead are you setup with?  His wave is solid but not near as long or tall.

Hi this was yesterday.  One driver and one rider  on the boat no extra lead.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Keef
7 hours ago, Keef said:

Hi this was yesterday.  One driver and one rider  on the boat no extra lead.

spacer.pngspacer.png

That's really awesome for no extra weight.  What speed, wedge setting and size of rear locker bags are you running?

I'm guessing my buddy needs larger bags in the rear and power wedge likely would help, which he doesn't have.  We put some lead in and it was much better.  

16 hours ago, bovhica said:

That's really awesome for no extra weight.  What speed, wedge setting and size of rear locker bags are you running?

I'm guessing my buddy needs larger bags in the rear and power wedge likely would help, which he doesn't have.  We put some lead in and it was much better.  

Oh yeah we have the wedge at 3...  Bags in the bag are like 800 each?  Around 10.8 mph

For those A24 owners with the M6 engine. What prop are you running? I've heard the torque prop is overkill and to use the standard or even speed prop.

any suggestions?

2 hours ago, MystiikVLX said:

For those A24 owners with the M6 engine. What prop are you running? I've heard the torque prop is overkill and to use the standard or even speed prop.

any suggestions?

I’m running the 3077 prop, which I believe is the Standard prop. 
I don’t have a spare prop yet, but will soon be placing a order for the 2805 speed prop. which I hear from another thread helps to lower RPMs while surfing. We run around 35-3700rpms. 
Hoping the Speed prop drops the RPMs closer to 32-3300. 

We are at roughly 750ft above sea level. 

I got the stock prop which is the 1778 and figured I would go from there.  I just purchased a 1770 from OJ and am very impressed that I was able to plane out with as much weight as I was running for wakeboarding.  I'm in Indiana so elevation isn't an issue.  Not sure you would need the torque prop unless you ran at a high elevation.

Personally I would just get 1770 unless you have to "pay" more for it then just go with stock 1778 and order a 1770. I saw some RPM reduction running it over 1778. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

What speed are you all running for surfing? We were playing today as we just got our boat broken in. Had ballasts full, bags in bag I think are 850s, wedge between 2-4 speed 11-11.3  Wave was okay. I surf regular/port side so a little tougher wave to dial in. Is that similar to what you all are running? 1-2 people in boat.

Also, I was trying to set up a wakeboard wake for beginners at 18-19mph and 65ft rope. Was washed out on one side. I'm going to try and go without any ballast and see if it cleans up for them. Still had some ballasts filled from other riders.

Any setups you all are finding for wakeboarding for more advanced stuff. I like 65ft rope. Haven't had much time to dial it in yet. In our 2015 T23, I filled bow, middle tank, and rear filled until middle tank full then stopped them. Seemed to work well.  Do those with power wedge us it for wakeboarding?

thanks for any info you can share

We run 10.8-11.3. Also we have 1000lbs lead ballast along with what you have. 2 people in the boat we run 11-11.2 wedge 2-3. 250lbs lead In the font.  

we also empty the goofy bag to about 2/3. Makes a great wave. RPMs 33-3400. 

19 hours ago, MystiikVLX said:

What speed are you all running for surfing? We were playing today as we just got our boat broken in. Had ballasts full, bags in bag I think are 850s, wedge between 2-4 speed 11-11.3  Wave was okay. I surf regular/port side so a little tougher wave to dial in. Is that similar to what you all are running? 1-2 people in boat.

Also, I was trying to set up a wakeboard wake for beginners at 18-19mph and 65ft rope. Was washed out on one side. I'm going to try and go without any ballast and see if it cleans up for them. Still had some ballasts filled from other riders.

Any setups you all are finding for wakeboarding for more advanced stuff. I like 65ft rope. Haven't had much time to dial it in yet. In our 2015 T23, I filled bow, middle tank, and rear filled until middle tank full then stopped them. Seemed to work well.  Do those with power wedge us it for wakeboarding?

thanks for any info you can share

Slow your speed down for regular surfers.  I run 11.2 for goofy and 10.8 for regular.  I also drop the wedge another notch for regular riders .