Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spotify on media screen?

Nicodenunzio

18 minutes ago, SandS said:

I updated my OS on my ‘21 last weekend and still no Spotify. Anybody have any better luck with Spotify or have any intel? 

That's disappointing. Out of curiosity are you able to update the OS yourself or does the dealer have to do it? Also, do you know if the Pandora app is available?

47 minutes ago, travis5550 said:

That's disappointing. Out of curiosity are you able to update the OS yourself or does the dealer have to do it? Also, do you know if the Pandora app is available?

We updated the OS ourselves. My boss did it while I was putting on the registration numbers so I’m not 💯 how exactly she did it. She downloaded the update over WiFi and installed in about 20 mins. Are there additional updates that only the dealer can do?  I’m 87.3% certain the pandora app is available. 

4 minutes ago, SandS said:

We updated the OS ourselves. My boss did it while I was putting on the registration numbers so I’m not 💯 how exactly she did it. She downloaded the update over WiFi and installed in about 20 mins. Are there additional updates that only the dealer can do?  I’m 87.3% certain the pandora app is available. 

Nice! Not to my knowledge re additional updates by dealer only, but I'll ask. We pick ours up Friday, although I may try to sneak over to the dealer this afternoon to hop on it and see what I can do. Which model did you get? Ours is a 21 VLX. I'm guessing the OS is the same across, just with some options enabled/disabled based on the model.

3 minutes ago, travis5550 said:

Nice! Not to my knowledge re additional updates by dealer only, but I'll ask. We pick ours up Friday, although I may try to sneak over to the dealer this afternoon to hop on it and see what I can do. Which model did you get? Ours is a 21 VLX. I'm guessing the OS is the same across, just with some options enabled/disabled based on the model.

23 LSV. I assume it’s the same OS too. Congrats on the boat!

26 minutes ago, COOP said:

Ive been told that the issue is between Amazon and Spotify. So, no amount of updates will fix it. And neither Malibu or Medallion have any control over it.

So are you saying don’t expect a fix anytime soon? 

I would say we will have to wait until Amazon and Spotify work out whatever financial/or other issues they have. Could be a week, could be never. Its not a fix, Amazon pulled it from their servers, so its not available. Some people who got it before amazon pulled it still have it from what Ive been told.

Is there a browser on the new systems? If so perhaps the Spotify apk could be downloaded and installed.

Edited by COOP

From what I can tell Spotify is available for the newest Amazon tablets, Alexa, etc. so I’m not so sure it’s an Amazon vs. Spotify issue. 

6 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

But that version has already been reported as incompatible.

Right, but it's not been "pulled from Amazon servers" as noted above. The issue is compatibility with certain devices, not that Amazon and Spotify are in a dispute.

Edited by boardjnky4

I was told that info by Malibu.  Is it accurate? Ive no reason to believe otherwise, but it could be inaccurate. I will say that Spotify does not appear to be available on any Amazon devices beyond the fire tablets. 

If it is a compatibility issue I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for Amazon or Spotify to correct it for what is a very tiny part of their buisness.

18 hours ago, COOP said:

I was told that info by Malibu.  Is it accurate? Ive no reason to believe otherwise, but it could be inaccurate. I will say that Spotify does not appear to be available on any Amazon devices beyond the fire tablets. 

If it is a compatibility issue I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for Amazon or Spotify to correct it for what is a very tiny part of their buisness.

Agreed. Malibu should take the reference off their website if it’s not compatible. It’s the first app mentioned:5AA88B7B-6B13-4076-AC97-3A6BDA5EF722.thumb.png.affd68a4ce5ab8c0f3925ea929dc88db.png

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Screenshots from my 2021 24 MXZ... 

5ED3F389-F382-497F-8B27-FF0B69A81280.jpeg

398203BD-40B6-496D-85BE-D77D45C0AE0E.jpeg

So.....how did you do that?  I'll have mine at the house this weekend finally, so I'm hoping to get that installed sooner than later. 

17 minutes ago, Slayer said:

So.....how did you do that?  I'll have mine at the house this weekend finally, so I'm hoping to get that installed sooner than later. 

It’s a special feature available only on your 10th Malibu... 😜

9 minutes ago, IXFE said:

1) connect boat to Wi-Fi 

2) click android icon

3) open browser (globe icon) 

4) navigate to this Amazon url (see pic 1) Note: you won’t ever see this page unless you try to load the page without being connected to Wi-Fi. I did this on purpose so you could see the full URL

5) click download button (see pic 2) Note: this is the page that will load when you enter the URL from step 4  

6) Spotify will download and show up on the apps page (see pic in my post above)

7) sign into your Spotify account on the boat screen and select which playlists you want to download. 

1CA898B8-6D31-446C-ACE6-7AC2A451B376.thumb.jpeg.f67c7cb116230bb7763fce1427019533.jpeg

44007319-F4FB-437B-A328-31DA63B53C6E.thumb.jpeg.5df9fbf7b0593c8e853c33b7f9270451.jpeg

@IXFEis da man!!  Thanks!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, dcarl said:

You Da Man GIF by memecandy

This will be making a lot of people very happy.

PS Can you get me the Navionics app next?

agreed - thank you for the insight @IXFE!

Navigation apps were going to be my next question too - do any GPS based charting apps work? Does it even have a GPS?

We pick up our new 21 VLX tomorrow so I'm quite eager to get everything setup.

34 minutes ago, travis5550 said:

agreed - thank you for the insight @IXFE!

Navigation apps were going to be my next question too - do any GPS based charting apps work? Does it even have a GPS?

We pick up our new 21 VLX tomorrow so I'm quite eager to get everything setup.

I can’t help you on this one. I typically just use the Navionics app on my phone. I think the boat would need a GPS antenna. I think it’s possible as it’s a factory option. 

Tried this today. When I click download it takes me to the Amazon App Store which says “it is incompatible with your device. You cannot purchase this app from this device.”

Any suggestions?