Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 tower lights recommendations

Macutak

I would like to get everyone’s input on tower lights for my 2020 AXIS A22.  I got the cool dual LED underwater swim deck light that replaces your drain plug.  I got it coming off of Amazon in a blue light to match my boat.  I am excited to have lights there again with out all the under the waterline drilling like I did in my 06 VLX. I never had any problems in the 10 years. I had them but there is something unnerving about drilling through your hull that just seems wrong. 

1792D85A-329A-4BAA-8BC7-FD7505D77F4A.jpeg

I also looked into adding a drain plug light and they will hit the wedge when in the up position. Only found 1 option THE QUASAR 2.0 (LOW PROFILE OFFSET).  As for tower lights, I installed these ....picked them up on amazon, they were cheap and have worked great. last pic was total darkness( and yes your favorite location Powell).....:)

86BE1777-388D-45B7-8A51-A59AFF3F3808 8E5BAEF0-381C-43C6-BDA4-BB932F4F913E

D1ACF69F-6F76-4A28-8506-760987B411EC

91DF5142-2298-4167-8FC9-3C0249D49886

Edited by ten85echo
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:41 AM, Macutak said:

I would like to get everyone’s input on tower lights for my 2020 AXIS A22.  I got the cool dual LED underwater swim deck light that replaces your drain plug.  I got it coming off of Amazon in a blue light to match my boat.  I am excited to have lights there again with out all the under the waterline drilling like I did in my 06 VLX. I never had any problems in the 10 years. I had them but there is something unnerving about drilling through your hull that just seems wrong. 

1792D85A-329A-4BAA-8BC7-FD7505D77F4A.jpeg

Did you install these yet? Per the other comment, I’m worried it might mess with the wedge. Just curious if there’s clearance.

• 1 year later...

I am looking at doing the exact same lighting bigger bar facing the bow an two smaller facing the stern, is there a link anywhere showing how to install and where exactly to tie into dash switch wiring? Can’t seem to find anything for the install

Hey - was there a delphi wire connector hanging somewhere to hook up the forward and rear tower lights?  Cant seem to locate it on my 2015 VLX, whereas the touchscreen system allows me to add it.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:05 PM, Maelynn said:

I am looking at doing the exact same lighting bigger bar facing the bow an two smaller facing the stern, is there a link anywhere showing how to install and where exactly to tie into dash switch wiring? Can’t seem to find anything for the install

I installed a 20” rigid light bar facing forward and two rigid 6” flood lights facing backwards on our 2019 T23. The factory wire harness terminals are sitting on top of the the steering wheel under the dash. You will need the Delphi connectors and two relays. One for each zone( forward and rear). Power and ground is available off of the factory buss bars from the control modules. You will then need to run power wires up to the tower.