Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

water , bilge pumps, power loss

2013 Malibu Mkz 23 on pickwick for the 4th and front end took in alot of water, like up to the bottom of the drivers seat. I finally bilged all the water out amd had a good rest of the day. went this weekend and my blower wont come on nor will my bilge pump work. luckily i didnt need it during this trip. also my key switch wouldnt turn the boat off. I tried to kill power and even took the key out of boat. It finally after a fer tries turnrd off and the worked great the rest of the day but still no blower or bilge power. fuses or where should i look? thanks william darby

Start with the simple stuff first. Check the fuses as the water could have shorted any butt splice connections were probably were not the waterproof type. I assume you have the Medallion box under the helm which will house most of the fuses. 

The float on the bilge pump might be stuck and it is very simple to remove the housing and check that.

Start there and report back.

On a separate note, where on Pickwick do you boat? I was glad not to be on the water over the 4th with the high water and all the debris on my end of the lake.

7 hours ago, BearCreekBum said:

Start with the simple stuff first. Check the fuses as the water could have shorted any butt splice connections were probably were not the waterproof type. I assume you have the Medallion box under the helm which will house most of the fuses. 

The float on the bilge pump might be stuck and it is very simple to remove the housing and check that.

Start there and report back.

On a separate note, where on Pickwick do you boat? I was glad not to be on the water over the 4th with the high water and all the debris on my end of the lake.

I was looking for friends at the mouth bye aqua yacht and wow huge boats & huge waves were just too much, the perfect storm, alomost sunk it. im always on the bigbee. i knew better than go to the big lake. thanks for insight. will check fuses

59 minutes ago, darbytire said:

I was looking for friends at the mouth bye aqua yacht and wow huge boats & huge waves were just too much, the perfect storm, alomost sunk it. im always on the bigbee. i knew better than go to the big lake. thanks for insight. will check fuses

@darbytire You were in the washing machine. I’ve heard the horror stories about that area. 

If you ever venture over to Bear Creek give me a shout. Not as glassy as the waterway but usually pretty quiet. Do you put in at Scruggs or Burnsville?

Report back what you find. If you want a second set of eyes let me know. My office is by the airport and can get to OB pretty quick. I could even make a sales call in OB.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 5:41 PM, BearCreekBum said:

@darbytire You were in the washing machine. I’ve heard the horror stories about that area. 

If you ever venture over to Bear Creek give me a shout. Not as glassy as the waterway but usually pretty quiet. Do you put in at Scruggs or Burnsville?

Report back what you find. If you want a second set of eyes let me know. My office is by the airport and can get to OB pretty quick. I could even make a sales call in OB.

I keep boat at scruggs bridge boat storage. Real simple to put in & out.  I have a tire store olive branch & oxford. we work on cars as well but not much of boat mechanic. Im getting shoup to look at it for me since the mariana is right there. Thansk for insight

8 minutes ago, darbytire said:

I keep boat at scruggs bridge boat storage. Real simple to put in & out.  I have a tire store olive branch & oxford. we work on cars as well but not much of boat mechanic. Im getting shoup to look at it for me since the mariana is right there. Thansk for insight

@darbytire Chris is a great guy and helped me get my boat going earlier this year. Fortunate to have someone you can trust that close. Hope it is something simple. 

We are about 5 miles from downtown Iuka by land so please don’t hesitate if you ever need anything.

I know the waterway is great for water sports but if you ever want to explore Bear Creek we have a private ramp in our small community. It is a long way via water from Scruggs to Bear Creek and you have to run the washing machine but maybe 30 minutes by land. 

Good luck and be safe. 

• 3 weeks later...

Chris got  me up & going. fuses and the blower was locked up. I havent got bill yet but well worth what ever he charges. He picked it up from storage and returned it. I might not ever get out of the waterway again.  but if i do im coming your way, thanks for invite, darby

1 hour ago, darbytire said:

Chris got  me up & going. fuses and the blower was locked up. I havent got bill yet but well worth what ever he charges. He picked it up from storage and returned it. I might not ever get out of the waterway again.  but if i do im coming your way, thanks for invite, darby

@darbytire Glad you are back up and running with an easy fix. If you are looking for a new “company headquarters” building there are some new water front lots being developed right down street from us. 

Stay safe. 

BCB