Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Malibu 21 lsv 380 hammerhead

dfm

I have a Malibu 2004 luv 380 hammer head boat that caught on fire it has 225 hours o it does anyone know what the boat is worth the insurance copy only wants to give me 18000 

What does your boat policy say?  Are you insured for an agreed upon value or is it FMV?   If you were to look it up on NADA (which are usually off and don’t take into account regional pricing), I am not surprised they are only giving you 18k if you are insured for FMV.   Try looking at sold boats on onlyinboards and see what similar boats have sold for recently as evidence.  My off the cuff guess on value for the boat only would be 20-23k but will depend on condition.  Was the trailer destroyed too?  Might get an extra 1-2k for the trailer assuming same age as boat.

Also, don’t forget to make a claim for any gear you lost in the fire as well.  When my 2017 T23 burned, we had to separate claims for the boat and personal property.

thank u for info it has all helped the ins policy is for 38000. but ins man says that is the max pay out I have done the research and thank u guys good luck on the water thanks again boston Dan