Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

04 21VLX no start

New to Malibu. Just got 2004 21 VLX with new long block. Has about 20 hours on it. Running fine and just died on the lake. Spins over fine. Fuel pump comes on in key accessory position. Read troubleshooting guide and issues with pump inlet screen. Bottom of pump was different than Previous crew pictures and am wondering if this engine has already had the pump conversion. Pump has a one piece aluminum casing with a single inlet on the bottom.  If so what is a source for just that replacement pump.   Does conversion pump have an internal screen?  Before I start into possible ignition issues had a couple of questions. Pump comes on with key on but want to check pressure in rails. Is the schraeder valve accessible without removing the big black intake plenum. Could not find the valve just looking under plenium. Have seen a couple of different values for static and running fuel pressure. Can someone clarify?  Fuel filter looks like it was replaced when new engine was installed but want to change out just in case. Anyone have a P/N for a fuel filter.....possibly an available auto store type. Do fuel supply lines degrade and should be replaced at some frequency?  Sorry for all the questions but new to all this. Thanks in advance 

Have you tried swapping around the 3 relays (Fuel pump, ECM, Starter).  Mine died earlier this year running down the lake and it was the ECM relay.

By swapping the relays you can see if there is a change and if the change moves with the relay movement.  

Discount inboard marine sent me a Napa Gold 3481 for my 98 malibu sunsetter lx.   This filter is next to the fuel pump.    Don't know if it is the same as your boat.