Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favor: Anyone with a '99-02 Monsoon, pic help?

Since I bought my boat, the throttle cable has been really stiff.  Like it's binding up somewhere.  I've tried adjusting just about everything I can on the cable ends.

The clamp that holds the cable in place on the engine side has three sets of mounting holes in it.

Which holes does your bracket use, do you have PerfectPass, and how smooth is your throttle?  Mind snapping a photo?

I can snap my 99 Monsoon tomorrow.  Just put it to bed for the day (moored offshore and covered).  Throttel cable is smooth and PerfectPass works well.

Edited by Eagleboy99
No reason
2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Which holes does your bracket use, do you have PerfectPass, and how smooth is your throttle?  Mind snapping a photo?

Looks like only one hole with the PP throttle attachment, yes, like butta.  Nope.

JxulJLw.jpg

Heck, I'll take two.  But just for you!

WUKMWti.jpg

sorry, shoulda been more clear.  Nice pics though @justgary!

I mean the bracket that holds the throttle cable in place BEFORE the throttle body, towards the rear of the engine next to the distributor.

:)

Edited by UWSkier
5 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Since I bought my boat, the throttle cable has been really stiff.  Like it's binding up somewhere.  I've tried adjusting just about everything I can on the cable ends.

The clamp that holds the cable in place on the engine side has three sets of mounting holes in it.

Mine is mounted on slot one, two and three hang off aft. Yes it’s smooth. I had a photo, will find or send one tomorrow 

33 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

Mine is mounted on slot one, two and three hang off aft. Yes it’s smooth. I had a photo, will find or send one tomorrow 

OK. Same. Darn. I guess maybe smooth isn't the wrong word. It's smooth but stiff. On my dad's VLX it's maybe 1/4 the effort. Like a tbw boat

IMG_20200717_191139.jpg

1 hour ago, Bozboat said:

Have you pulled the Morse? unit off and looked at the connecters?

Yep. All new connectors and cables. Even tried a replacement Morse unit. I have another cable I can try. A seastar tft extreme. I put in uflex cables when I got the boat 2 yrs ago.