Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu's Facebook Live announcement of new Boats today!

Ronnie

So, is Malibu, or any other manufacture, doing anything to either prevent the spread of ANS like quagga and zebra mussels?  Or is that only a concern in the West?

Anytime I take my boat outside of Colorado, I have to go and have it decontaminated, a process that takes over an hour, not including anytime I have to wait for a boat in front of me.  

That would be an upgrade that would make me consider buying new.  And it would help keep the lakes that aren't infected clean.

I’m not sure I’ve heard of anything even from the bigger brands. 

I think even if they did offer something, getting the authorities or regulating bodies to know which boats have and dont have this feature might be difficult 

13 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

What Rachel said was great, the way you come off is not. I simply stated you could have used far less words to answer a misguided question, instead you do what you do best. You attempt to belittle and embarrass people who might know “know” as much. 

I think the 23 lsv will be a great new model for Malibu. hopefully not washy waves like the 23mxz owners are experiencing, and hopefully they won’t need 1000 extra lbs like the 2021 g23  apparently needs. 

ok wow... there’s a lot of hate in that post. You gotta chill out. This is an Internet forum, not a cotillion. But at least you’re finally admitting what I suspected all along. This was never about the new boat. 

Anyway, why are you making this personal?  I didn’t even quote you in my response. Did I take a playful jab at those I did quote?  Sure. Why not?  We all do from time to time, no?  My intention was playful, not hurtful.  Somehow you assumed the worst and decided to lecture me.

You don’t like me, a person you’ve never met before, that’s fine. If you have that big a problem with me, just ignore me or block me. I’m plenty secure in the real relationships I’ve built here over the years and the contributions I’ve made. There are at least two dozen people here who would tell you I’m not the person you’ve imagined, people I talk to daily who have helped me and I’ve helped them. But if hating me makes you feel better about the world, flame on... 

• Like 2

I’d like to know if the new 23 lsv sits higher in the water, especially in the nose. 

also be nice if they published the interior width, MC was the quick to say the NXT22 though 99” beam had the same interior width as boats with 102”. Malibu mentioned it was wider but no numbers, or at least none I saw / heard

3 hours ago, RyanB said:

So, is Malibu, or any other manufacture, doing anything to either prevent the spread of ANS like quagga and zebra mussels?  Or is that only a concern in the West?

Anytime I take my boat outside of Colorado, I have to go and have it decontaminated, a process that takes over an hour, not including anytime I have to wait for a boat in front of me.  

That would be an upgrade that would make me consider buying new.  And it would help keep the lakes that aren't infected clean.

About 5 years ago or so there was a filter system and I thought you could get it on a MC but it does not seem like it ever got any traction. 

3 hours ago, RyanB said:

What he said...there is a filtration system that could be purchased as an upgrade, and I think it never got any traction because the cleanout crew at the lake wouldn't trust it anyway.  They would say 'cool story, bro.  Bring your boat over here and we will start the decontamination process'.  So although it would actually help, I doubt the 18 year old kid who cleans my boat would let me through the line.  

EDIT: found this online.  https://wake-worx.com/shop/mussel-mastr/  At $229 per tank, it would be nearly 1K in parts alone.  And I am pretty sure most of us would complain if it leaked or slowed the ballast filling at all.  

Edited by TallRedRider
7 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

What he said...there is a filtration system that could be purchased as an upgrade, and I think it never got any traction because the cleanout crew at the lake wouldn't trust it anyway.  They would say 'cool story, bro.  Bring your boat over here and we will start the decontamination process'.  So although it would actually help, I doubt the 18 year old kid who cleans my boat would let me through the line.  

EDIT: found this online.  https://wake-worx.com/shop/mussel-mastr/  At $229 per tank, it would be nearly 1K in parts alone.  And I am pretty sure most of us would complain if it leaked or slowed the ballast filling at all.  

I’m aware of that system. The Colorado inspectors know about it. I was told if they could see the filters and see that they were intact and changed yearly, they wouldn’t need to deconn my tanks. But there is no way to install them for that to be the case. So they don’t work. I’m interested in something better. 

• Like 1
On 7/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, agarabaghi said:

I’d like to know if the new 23 lsv sits higher in the water, especially in the nose. 

Curious on that as well. 

Also, since they modified the "v" hull, I would assume the draft would be more than the old hull.  Online it is showing 27", which is what my 2018 spec said.

Approximate dry weight did increase by 200#, so maybe more freeboard?

hopefully, its always hard to tell from videos. It did look deep, like 23mxz deep. The nose on the 23 lsv always at a bit low for my tastes and modern wakeboats imho. could be cause traditional bow.  

On 7/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, gregtay said:

When I was ordering my 2019 I thought it was insane that I had to pay for the ability to rotate my seat.  It is this little stuff that Malibu makes you pay extra for that just drives me nuts. This isn't a Heyday... it is a boat with a base price for 100Gs and they make you pay extra to rotate your damn seat (something that was a standard feature for years.)  I REALLY wish they would leave that crap to AXIS.. let people start with a bare bones boat and charge them for stuff. For Malibu the base price should include the extra luxuries you expect on a Malibu. No problem with them charging extra for the big stuff and things not everyone would want/need (speakers, racks, swim step, biminis, thrusters,heater/heated seat, etc.)

A personally believe every Wakesetter should come standard from the factory with the following (which are currently options today) because I can't imaging anyone really wanting a wakesetter without them... you don't pay $100k+ for a boat and then decided to save money by not getting surfgate, a wedge or the ability to swivel your seat.   Just raise the base price and include these things.  And for those very few that don't want a bow tank (because they want some special bag, etc.) or surfgate (want to run GSA) then have the ability to delete the option.

• All ballast tanks
  • PNP Plumbing 
  • Surfgate
  • Powerwedge
  • Drivers Seat Swivel and Slide
  • Trailer: Spare tire mount
  • Trailer: Bow safety strap

Completely agree!  They love the nickel and dime game

I know this is personal opinion and I am sure I am going to get flamed for this but does Malibu purposely make the ugliest boats possible for their promo and marketing? That color combo on that LSV in the walk through is terrible:yuk:.  The boat they used with the burgundy interior last year was terrible.  MC and Nautigue seem to do a better job of incorporating a cool new different looks and color combos without being offensive. Maybe it is just me. While I am at it can we start a petition to discontinue gray interiors with tan soft grip?

ahopkins22LSV
20 minutes ago, Chappy said:

I know this is personal opinion and I am sure I am going to get flamed for this but does Malibu purposely make the ugliest boats possible for their promo and marketing? That color combo on that LSV in the walk through is terrible:yuk:.  The boat they used with the burgundy interior last year was terrible.  MC and Nautigue seem to do a better job of incorporating a cool new different looks and color combos without being offensive. Maybe it is just me. While I am at it can we start a petition to discontinue gray interiors with tan soft grip?

I agree this 23 color scheme has me scratching my head. I don’t understand the black and grey, pick black or grey and it would look fine. 

On 7/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, jwl019 said:

Curious on that as well. 

Also, since they modified the "v" hull, I would assume the draft would be more than the old hull.  Online it is showing 27", which is what my 2018 spec said.

Approximate dry weight did increase by 200#, so maybe more freeboard?

I'd like to know the same.  My lift, combined with this years lake level, has me worried about the thought of more draft.

11 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I agree this 23 color scheme has me scratching my head. I don’t understand the black and grey, pick black or grey and it would look fine. 

And then to add insult to injury they threw in the green metallic:vomit:

On 7/17/2020 at 5:55 AM, pauley71 said:

The lever to rotate has always been an option on last few years.  Maybe they made it standard in 2021?

you would hope so since it is on a lowly ‘14 Axis as standard