Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu's Facebook Live announcement of new Boats today!

Ronnie

ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

The lever to rotate has always been an option on last few years.  Maybe they made it standard in 2021?

I spec’d a 2021 out the other day, power seat and swivel were a single option and cheaper than the year before! Not sure what the standard was since per the wife we will never own another boat without the power seat.

14 hours ago, WakeChanChan said:

Finding it funny how Dealers talked about M220...? Going to see our dealer to pick up our 2019 23LSV. Will ask about M220 timing?🤷‍♂️

I heard it is a month out still.

11 hours ago, WakeChanChan said:

Well that’s a list of some major problems...😬

When you drop $165,000 before taxes on the boat the psychology of problems changes to major lol. Malibu is just lucky that surfing is one of the best drugs on the market and after a few gnarly surfs I’ve forgotten about the problems.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, pauley71 said:

The lever to rotate has always been an option on last few years.  Maybe they made it standard in 2021?

When I was ordering my 2019 I thought it was insane that I had to pay for the ability to rotate my seat.  It is this little stuff that Malibu makes you pay extra for that just drives me nuts. This isn't a Heyday... it is a boat with a base price for 100Gs and they make you pay extra to rotate your damn seat (something that was a standard feature for years.)  I REALLY wish they would leave that crap to AXIS.. let people start with a bare bones boat and charge them for stuff. For Malibu the base price should include the extra luxuries you expect on a Malibu. No problem with them charging extra for the big stuff and things not everyone would want/need (speakers, racks, swim step, biminis, thrusters,heater/heated seat, etc.)

A personally believe every Wakesetter should come standard from the factory with the following (which are currently options today) because I can't imaging anyone really wanting a wakesetter without them... you don't pay $100k+ for a boat and then decided to save money by not getting surfgate, a wedge or the ability to swivel your seat.   Just raise the base price and include these things.  And for those very few that don't want a bow tank (because they want some special bag, etc.) or surfgate (want to run GSA) then have the ability to delete the option.

• All ballast tanks
  • PNP Plumbing 
  • Surfgate
  • Powerwedge
  • Drivers Seat Swivel and Slide
  • Trailer: Spare tire mount
  • Trailer: Bow safety strap

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 2020LSV23 said:

When you drop $165,000 before taxes on the boat the psychology of problems changes to major lol. Malibu is just lucky that surfing is one of the best drugs on the market and after a few gnarly surfs I’ve forgotten about the problems.

I am right there with you.  My list of issues from the factory is sadly very long.  My dealer is awesome so we will eventually get everything fixed but I think even they are getting frustrated by all the issues with my boat from the factory.  Thankfully my issues have been 100% workmanship/build quality related and I have had zero mechanical issues so I haven't missed out on a single day on the lake... so the drug keeps working.  But Malibu should be pretty embarrassed they ever put my boat on a truck and let it leave the factory.

• Like 3

So, this might sound like a stupid question, but was anyone clear on whether the hull shape has changed on the 2021 vs. the 19 or 20?  It seems like they revised the interior, but it would be a selling point if they somehow improved the hull to handle chop while still delivering the amazing surf wave I get on my 19?  Misters and a walk through hull aren't gonna push me to upgrade yet.....

Yes, I have the 15 inch prop and I have the 410 Monsoon.  So no doubt there's an engine upgrade...but the hull shape hasn't changed...still the same boat with new bells and whistles.

2 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

2019 had a 15" prop right? So 2020+ got the 17" 2:1 tranmissions (as well as the move to m5 / m6 / lt4 engines) 

2019 was a mix... M5/M6 with the old transmission and a 15" prop.

2 hours ago, cmargosi said:

So, this might sound like a stupid question, but was anyone clear on whether the hull shape has changed on the 2021 vs. the 19 or 20?  It seems like they revised the interior, but it would be a selling point if they somehow improved the hull to handle chop while still delivering the amazing surf wave I get on my 19?  Misters and a walk through hull aren't gonna push me to upgrade yet.....

I think your question is "has the wet surface changed at all?"  Malibu didn't call out any changes that I have heard up so it could very well be the same wet surface. They have commonly left that wet surface carry over through multiple boat updates (I think the 08-17 we LSV was the same or nearly the same wet surface.) 

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, gregtay said:

I think your question is "has the wet surface changed at all?"  Malibu didn't call out any changes that I have heard up so it could very well be the same wet surface. They have commonly left that wet surface carry over through multiple boat updates (I think the 08-17 we LSV was the same or nearly the same wet surface.) 

Or they could all be different since they don't say. The only boat I have seen released lately that they specifically said they changed things was the 2020 VTX. And that was in the detailed walk through video they typically release after the hype media videos.

gregtay, thanks for the clarification....I was asking about the wet surface.  From what I've read, I'm not sure if the M5 engine would actually be an "upgrade" over the 410 Monsoon I have.  The M6 probably would be an upgrade and quieter, but I don't find my boat too noisy anyway.  

ahopkins22LSV
53 minutes ago, cmargosi said:

gregtay, thanks for the clarification....I was asking about the wet surface.  From what I've read, I'm not sure if the M5 engine would actually be an "upgrade" over the 410 Monsoon I have.  The M6 probably would be an upgrade and quieter, but I don't find my boat too noisy anyway.  

The M5 is way out performing my 410 from our 19 VTX to 20 VTX. Same transmission and nearly identical prop. Surf RPM's are lower 3400-3600, I have 50-35% throttle left at 10.8mph on both regular and goofy, slalom starts are way more strong and even just driving around the lake you can tell there is more torque and power. I would not rule it out, especially with the 2:1 transmission and 17" prop.

15 hours ago, gregtay said:

I don't think too many people would want to pay 100K plus for an 80% complete boat... and I don't think Malibu would want to sell a boat in any state for less than full price.  The option would be buy a new boat and hand it over to someone to do a bunch custom work. Or if you want a project for yourself you could just buy it and work on it (my 2019 has certainly been an example of a project boat to fix all the stuff the factory didn't bother with.:-O)

Pfaff and Singer do this for cars, for instance.  And most luxury brands (Jag, RR, etc.0 have a bespoke division.

So after all that quoting instead of just saying “though a bit unclear exactly what they change, they slightly modified it” you have to go on some rant because maybe people missed one sentence in a Video that was poorly filmed and had terrible audio.

thank you. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shawndoggy said:

wonder how fast you'll need to go for a clean wakeboard wake?  maybe that's not a big deal anymore?

Can’t have it both ways, as you know. Or maybe you can. Time will tell how extreme the “v” is and how far back it goes on the hull. Either way... isn’t this what people have been asking for from Malibu for years? You more than anyone can appreciate how big an announcement like this is for Malibu. I’m betting they’ve done A LOT of testing and tweaking to ensure great performance. This is the 23 LSV, after all. 

Looking forward to seeing transom pics and hearing demo reports!

• Like 2

Wake looked good and Luca was doing some pretty technically stuff behind it. I’m not sure anyone on this forum needs to worry about the wakeboard wake not being big enough. Will it content against a g in the wakeboard wake probably not but even Nautique knows that doesn’t sell which is why it’s now sharing the hull of a paragon. 

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

This post made me chuckle. Here’s why...

Last night a well-respected member of this forum and I were chatting about the new “deep v” announcement and wondering how it was possible some in this thread missed something so big. I referenced that same quote to him and said “maybe I should post it.” His response was, “Be careful, nobody likes real data, they’d rather guess and speculate, and rehash old beliefs and anecdotes.” 

Your response to my post proves my buddy was right. Very few like the data... too busy assuming negative intent and feeling butt hurt to appreciate the contribution or even the screen shot capturing the moment complete with Ronnie’s comment and a shout out to this great forum. Instead I get accused of a rant.

i guess I probably should have known better, after all, your response was predicted even before you conceived it. 

and in the end you still have not provided any “data” all you’ve done is rephrase a very general “hull” change in a way that makes you come off as superior in your mind for catching it and thinking you know more. It’s ok. 

11 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

Wake looked good and Luca was doing some pretty technically stuff behind it. I’m not sure anyone on this forum needs to worry about the wakeboard wake not being big enough. Will it content against a g in the wakeboard wake probably not but even Nautique knows that doesn’t sell which is why it’s now sharing the hull of a paragon. 

and in the end you still have not provided any “data” all you’ve done is rephrase a very general “hull” change in a way that makes you come off as superior in your mind for catching it and thinking you know more. It’s ok. 

If you followed Malibu closely at all then you’d know what they did say about the hull is A LOT more than they typically say about a hull redesign. I thought that was pretty cool and groundbreaking for Bu. You don’t, I guess. Instead you’d rather blather on about prop sizes that have been discussed ad nauseam.  

Also hilarious that you don’t consider a direct quote from the Director of Engineering that Malibu has made a move towards deep “v” as credible or rising to the level of “data point.”  Shows an epic level of disrespect. Let me ask you, what WOULD satisfy you?  What WOULD Racheal have to say to be deemed worthy?  

and in the end you still haven’t admitted what is plain for all to see... you either didn’t watch or you didn’t listen before coming into THE VERY THREAD designed to discuss the event and started flapping your gums. So if by superior you mean I actually listen, then yeah, I’ll accept that.  Just remember, you said it, not me. 

You’re welcome; glad I could help. 

What Rachel said was great, the way you come off is not. I simply stated you could have used far less words to answer a misguided question, instead you do what you do best. You attempt to belittle and embarrass people who might know “know” as much. 

I think the 23 lsv will be a great new model for Malibu. hopefully not washy waves like the 23mxz owners are experiencing, and hopefully they won’t need 1000 extra lbs like the 2021 g23  apparently needs. 

• Like 2