Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu's Facebook Live announcement of new Boats today!

Ronnie

51 minutes ago, mk2driver said:

Well that was uneventful...

That was! Wasn't most everyone aware that there was a new 23lsv shaped like a 25.? It wasn't anything new to me.

Finding it funny how Dealers talked about M220...? Going to see our dealer to pick up our 2019 23LSV. Will ask about M220 timing?🤷‍♂️

I find it pretty funny malibu is adding misters etc. How about getting the previous gen boats working properly. My USB port in my glovebox just died. And lately a surf gate error message has been prompting on the head unit. 4th issue now in 30 hours of run time. 2 of those issues were hugely problematic and left us stranded in the water. My opinion they need to slow down and pay more attention to the craftsmanship rather than an obsession with pumping these boats out at lightning speed to make shareholders happy.

Edited by 2020LSV23
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

I find it pretty funny malibu is adding misters etc. How about getting the previous gen boats working properly. My USB port in my glovebox just died. And lately a surf gate error message has been prompting on the head unit. 4th issue now in 30 hours of run time. 2 of those issues were hugely problematic and left us stranded in the water. My opinion they need to slow down and pay more attention to the craftsmanship rather than an obsession with pumping these boats out at lightning speed to make shareholders happy.

agree   

make malibus great again

• Like 3

I can only image the MSRP on "misters".  If we are hot, we just dive of the swim grid for a quick dip.  Misters... yeesh....  What's next?  AC?

Edited by Eagleboy99
Spelling
  • Like 2
52 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

It sucks but you hear the same story with all manufacturers these days. Everyone is just pumping out as many boats possible. 

have a buddy with a brand new Mastercraft and it’s spent more time in the shop than the lake, another friends dad just bought a g25 last summer and same story. 

also the tech is getting more and more ridiculous causing more and more problems 

if surfgate and a busted usb left you stranded....

23 lsv looks great, but yea i think everyone already knew about it. They def are pushing the family thing with this release. I dig it, and personally i think mister is pretty cool, they must have borrow the idea from the 300k pontoons you see now. 

I like that they included all aspects of the boat, beginner to pro and then showed luca kidd throwing down tricks prob 1/3 of the forum know, at least they remember the roots of wakeboarding. 

I didnt realize they stil offered diamond and wake plus hull.... 

• Like 2

Two key features they mentioned many times were a walkthrough transom and a captains chair with a lever to rotate the chair.  Both of those are on my ‘08 23 LSV.   I had no idea they weren’t options on the newer boats.

Beautiful boat, but it honestly felt like they were grasping at straws for stuff to talk about.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Only appears that they are available on the GX tower which is what like a $12k option?

58 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

if surfgate and a busted usb left you stranded....

23 lsv looks great, but yea i think everyone already knew about it. They def are pushing the family thing with this release. I dig it, and personally i think mister is pretty cool, they must have borrow the idea from the 300k pontoons you see now. 

I like that they included all aspects of the boat, beginner to pro and then showed luca kidd throwing down tricks prob 1/3 of the forum know, at least they remember the roots of wakeboarding. 

I didnt realize they stil offered diamond and wake plus hull.... 

Notice I said 4 problems and only listed 2. The other 2 were:

1.) engine completely died, couldn’t use override key, no power to engine spent 5 hours dead in the water into the cold evening, went to dealer for weeks for warranty. 

2.) main head unit fried right after we filled ballast tanks and couldn’t drain the ballast or use any electronics. Had to pull plugs on plug and plays bags and drain them out into the boat, manually drain the hard tanks and then pull boat out of water and back to dealer for another couple weeks while new head unit was shipped to us. 

and I forgot to mention all the amps had to be replaced right when we received the boat 😂

Edited by 2020LSV23
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Notice I said 4 problems and only listed 2. The other 2 were:

1.) engine completely died, couldn’t use override key, no power to engine spent 5 hours dead in the water into the cold evening, went to dealer for weeks for warranty. 

2.) main head unit fried right after we filled ballast tanks and couldn’t drain the ballast or use any electronics. Had to pull plugs on plug and plays bags and drain them out into the boat, manually drain the hard tanks and then pull boat out of water and back to dealer for another couple weeks while new head unit was shipped to us. 

and I forgot to mention all the amps had to be replaced right when we received the boat 😂

Well that’s a list of some major problems...😬

3 hours ago, Bu hoo said:

Two key features they mentioned many times were a walkthrough transom and a captains chair with a lever to rotate the chair.  Both of those are on my ‘08 23 LSV.   I had no idea they weren’t options on the newer boats.

Beautiful boat, but it honestly felt like they were grasping at straws for stuff to talk about.

Yep.. my 08 had those as well:)

* I'm putting my flame-proof suit on for this *

I wonder if there is a market for a "custom shop" that would take delivery of a 80% complete boat (Malibu or otherwise) and finish it to a customer's specifications exceeding what the factory can accomplish given the time constraints they operate with? While many of the "local boat shops" we buy from are simply "dealerships" in the automotive description, there are a few that offer more. I'm sure some of you are reading between the lines based on the terminology I've used, so I'll say it: the concept is common in the firearms market. A manufacturer takes something from the production line and has an internal group of master craftsman exceed the standards set for mass production. Of course there is an additional cost for this version of the product and with boats it wouldn't be any different. It also common for cars, just look at all the hot rod shows on TV now.

I agree there is another, more fundamental, issue; it seems (but I don't have data) that the fault/error rate has increased as the cost of boats has increased. I don't remember as many problems with my '93 or my '03, but that may be selective memory.

I'll also admit that I wouldn't necessarily partake in the service that I'm suggesting unless there was also an option to buy the boat at 80% to finish it myself. While I love spending time with my family on the water, getting new project boat in the fall (October) that I could put together all winter to put in the water in spring (April) would be a project I'd take on to be able to spend build time with my kids too.

I don't know if there are enough parts/options to make an 80% boat, maybe if there was a more available spectrum of engines and transmission/v-drives. I can always daydream of what I could do...

8 minutes ago, mikeo said:

* I'm putting my flame-proof suit on for this *

I wonder if there is a market for a "custom shop" that would take delivery of a 80% complete boat (Malibu or otherwise) and finish it to a customer's specifications exceeding what the factory can accomplish given the time constraints they operate with? While many of the "local boat shops" we buy from are simply "dealerships" in the automotive description, there are a few that offer more. I'm sure some of you are reading between the lines based on the terminology I've used, so I'll say it: the concept is common in the firearms market. A manufacturer takes something from the production line and has an internal group of master craftsman exceed the standards set for mass production. Of course there is an additional cost for this version of the product and with boats it wouldn't be any different. It also common for cars, just look at all the hot rod shows on TV now.

I agree there is another, more fundamental, issue; it seems (but I don't have data) that the fault/error rate has increased as the cost of boats has increased. I don't remember as many problems with my '93 or my '03, but that may be selective memory.

I'll also admit that I wouldn't necessarily partake in the service that I'm suggesting unless there was also an option to buy the boat at 80% to finish it myself. While I love spending time with my family on the water, getting new project boat in the fall (October) that I could put together all winter to put in the water in spring (April) would be a project I'd take on to be able to spend build time with my kids too.

I don't know if there are enough parts/options to make an 80% boat, maybe if there was a more available spectrum of engines and transmission/v-drives. I can always daydream of what I could do...

I don't think too many people would want to pay 100K plus for an 80% complete boat... and I don't think Malibu would want to sell a boat in any state for less than full price.  The option would be buy a new boat and hand it over to someone to do a bunch custom work. Or if you want a project for yourself you could just buy it and work on it (my 2019 has certainly been an example of a project boat to fix all the stuff the factory didn't bother with.:-O)

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I don't think too many people would want to pay 100K plus for an 80% complete boat... 

This is actually fairly common in the fishing boat world. I helped a buddy pickup a new fishing boat recently and couldn’t believe how bare they show up. Dealer makes a killing in rigging and electronics. It’s actually pretty cool if you think about it. Each person can choose their preference of electronics and just about any accessory. Plus they can price shop different vendors/stores, wait for sales, reuse from boat to boat, etc. it’s a cool concept but I do agree it wouldn’t work as well in the wakeboat world and it’s not to say it doesn’t have its share of downsides. Warranty issues come to mind...

17 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I don't think too many people would want to pay 100K plus for an 80% complete boat... and I don't think Malibu would want to sell a boat in any state for less than full price.  The option would be buy a new boat and hand it over to someone to do a bunch custom work. Or if you want a project for yourself you could just buy it and work on it (my 2019 has certainly been an example of a project boat to fix all the stuff the factory didn't bother with.:-O)

If money wasn't part of the equation, ie: cost to upgrade from my '15 to a '20 or '21, I'm not sure I'd do it (yet). I've got my '15 configured the way I want it, and I still have some project ideas for it. I like the concept of the new dash (android based instead of windows) and I'd pick a different engine option now that my primary location has changed. Overall the needle hasn't moved enough for me to upgrade from my '15 yet...

6 hours ago, mikeo said:

I wonder if there is a market for a "custom shop" that would take delivery of a 80% complete boat (Malibu or otherwise) and finish it to a customer's specifications exceeding what the factory can accomplish

you mean what @IXFE does?  haha   (stereo)

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Bu hoo said:

The lever to rotate has always been an option on last few years.  Maybe they made it standard in 2021?

13 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Misters on the tower.... First world problems

My 2011 MC has them. As well as a remote control to operate them if you are too lazy to reach the switch. I have maybe used them twice....

that’s what it seems to be all about these days though. Cram as many useless options as possible into them.

on a side note. New 23 is mighty fine looking.