Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23LSV Price gut check

Jdubb16

On my expedition to get a 2016-18 23 LSV, I can upon this one and wanted to run it by you to see your thoughts on price and equipment.  I think the only thing it does not have that I wanted was power seat and has some extras that are great but did not need  the colors are nice and definitely resealable if need be.

thoughts, asking $108k

It is always garaged when not in use and has never been in saltwater. 
It currently has ~275 hours.  (I will continue to use i

The balance of the bow to transom 5-year factory warranty (~30 months) is transferable to the buyer.

Accessories / Upgrades

- Deck Base Color (Indy Red)

- Hull Base Color (Ebony)

- Hull Main Panel Color (Gunmetal Charcoal Metallic)

- Hull Logo Accent (Ebony)

- Flush Kit - Transom Install

- High Altitude/Torque 15 x 1425 - 2249

- Exhaust - Surf Pipe

- Heater, 3-Outlet, V-Drives

- Docking Lights (Pair, 6 Leds Each)

- Sound System - Wake 23 LSV Pack

- Subwoofer - 12 Inch Subwoofer (w/Amp)

- Transom Remote

- Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo  (Upper&lower - Starboard)

- Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo (Upper&lower-Port)

- Tower Amp - 500w

- Speakers - Wet Sounds Rev 10 w/Horn (1 set)

- Speakers - Wet Sounds Rev 10 w/Horn (2nd set)

- PTM Panoramic 140 Degree-Black

- Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System

- Ballast HI FLO - Rear PNP Plumbing w/Auto Vent

- Straight Line Sumo Max 755 Ballast Bags (Starboard & Port)

- Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband

- Wedge - Power Wedge II

- Wideview Backup Camera

- Driver Drybox

- Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick

- Deckadence

- Phender Pro - Quick Release Pin & Receiver

- Ladder - Undermount Swimstep

- Battery Set Up - Option 3

- Dual Interstate AGM Dual Purpose Batteries

- Onboard NoCo Genius 2 Bank Battery Charger

- Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair

- Great Lakes Flip Bimini w/Surf Storage

- Great Lakes Boat Cover - w/Pleated Pockets w/Hang-Tyte

Malibu Boats Trailer - Tandem Axle (4/wheel disc brakes)

- Trailer Fender (Ebony) upcharge

- 18 in XD Heist Black Indy Red

- Side Mount Spare 18 in XD Heist Black Indy Red

- Bow Step- Soft Grip - Gray

- Transom Step w/Slimline LED Spft Grip - Gray

- SS Ratchet w/ Retractable Straps Read Less

Edited by Jdubb16

I think that’s a decent price in today’s market. I don’t see what motor it has

for reference, I’m about ready to sell my 18 22 vlx and has similar options minus the second set of tower speakers and the 18 inch trailer wheels and have been seeing those go for around 90k. 

Edited by SOcalSurfer

It is a 2018?  

What motor? 

Hours, shmours.  275 hours is nothing if the owner has evidence of service.  The only thing that is a problem is that people who think that 275 hours is a lot will be less likely to buy, but those people know very little about boats.   

Checking on engine, I thought I asked and found out it was the 409, but I can’t see where I found that out.  
 it is a 2018.  Good thing is he is close and the dealer That he bought it at and does the servIce would be my closest local dealer as well

28 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

It is a 2018?  

What motor? 

Hours, shmours.  275 hours is nothing if the owner has evidence of service.  The only thing that is a problem is that people who think that 275 hours is a lot will be less likely to buy, but those people know very little about boats.   

I realize this  about the hrs, I wouldn’t worry either, but it seems to dictate price. I think that’s too much for that boat with that many hrs. The market is crazy right now though. Generally they loose about 4-5k a year. Unless you’re @IXFE 😀

Edited by surfdude

Not only that, but gelcote dings and vinyl issues increase with hrs, so that’s what I would be more worried about, rather than mechanical.

All 2018's LSVs from the local dealer were advertised (before any negotiation) at $105k this year.  Typically the local dealer is priced high, but they all sold.......funny what a pandemic will do to people. 

18 minutes ago, surfdude said:

In 2018 that boat sold for maybe 106!

Eh, it’s pretty well optioned. I’d guess msrp was in the 150s. The seller is probably asking his dream price to see if it sells. I do agree and I wouldn’t pay 108, but it’s worth what someone is willing to pay. 

11 hours ago, Sixer said:

All 2018's LSVs from the local dealer were advertised (before any negotiation) at $105k this year.  Typically the local dealer is priced high, but they all sold.......funny what a pandemic will do to people. 

I agree.  We can get a bunch of posts telling him this is too high - but the market is going to dictate price.  They will sell at this price, or pretty close to this price.  Keep in mind each market is different.  Not sure how much credence I would take from someone in Ohio (where I used to live) vs someone in my current region.  

Edited by Five Cent Worth
typos
14 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

It is a 2018?  

What motor? 

Disagree.  Hours are hours and its not just wear and tear on the motor.  In fact, I'm less concerned about hours on the motor than I am about people flopping around on the boat for 275 hours.  That's 275 hours of bedazzled jeans, sharp finned surf boards, and chomping on cheetos compared to a lesser houred boat.  

Some folks take meticulous care of a boat and 275 hours is nothing to worry about.  Some take crap care of the boat and it shows.  

15 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Disagree.  Hours are hours and its not just wear and tear on the motor.  In fact, I'm less concerned about hours on the motor than I am about people flopping around on the boat for 275 hours.  That's 275 hours of bedazzled jeans, sharp finned surf boards, and chomping on cheetos compared to a lesser houred boat.  

Some folks take meticulous care of a boat and 275 hours is nothing to worry about.  Some take crap care of the boat and it shows.  

I dissagree a bit.... I have seen some 30 hour boats that were just trashed because the owner simply didn't care, let it sit outside uncovered, beached it, banged into docs, etc.... and then I have seen immaculate 400+ hour boats because the owner never allowed jean, shoes, cheetos, etc and actually cared about their boat, stored it indoors, etc.  Thankfully it is pretty easy to tell by looking at a boat how it was treated.  

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, gregtay said:

I dissagree a bit.... I have seen some 30 hour boats that were just trashed because the owner simply didn't care, let it sit outside uncovered, beached it, banged into docs, etc.... and then I have seen immaculate 400+ hour boats because the owner never allowed jean, shoes, cheetos, etc and actually cared about their boat, stored it indoors, etc.  Thankfully it is pretty easy to tell by looking at a boat how it was treated.  

That’s his point, imagine that boat that is trashed at 30 hours with 275 on it. 

If the boat is well maintained, the hours can be looked past but it can be the first clue into looking for additional wear and damages. 

look under the pnp (especially the carpeted bow locker in an Axis) , the cabin floor hatch groove and under the tranny cover snd warming tray with with engine dividers out,  snd feel for the slime on the floor under the front plug hatch tells the whole story

Edited by granddaddy55

Seems a bit high to me, but who knows given the market now.    My old 2016 just came back up for sale from the guy I sold it to.   He's a member here , but not very active.  I think he had it listed at $86K.      @OnTheWater

Thanks for all the input. It is amazing how different areas of the country can differ as well as how the owner cared for the boat.  The latter being paramount to us.

3 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Seems a bit high to me, but who knows given the market now.    My old 2016 just came back up for sale from the guy I sold it to.   He's a member here , but not very active.  I think he had it listed at $86K.      @OnTheWater

@hethj7 - I load/view as many pages as anyone 😂.

Regarding the ‘18 - seems a little high, but the market is strong right now.  If it has warranty left, that’s a plus . My local dealer which sells Malibu, Cobalt, and Bennington - not a boat left on the lot.  Usually have 12+ outside.  Same for the Chaparral dealer - zippo. 

13 minutes ago, OnTheWater said:

@hethj7 - I load/view as many pages as anyone 😂.

Regarding the ‘18 - seems a little high, but the market is strong right now.  If it has warranty left, that’s a plus . My local dealer which sells Malibu, Cobalt, and Bennington - not a boat left on the lot.  Usually have 12+ outside.  Same for the Chaparral dealer - zippo. 

I was in there a few weeks ago - they sold 63 boats in the month of May!

In Texas that boat would be sold on the first day at asking price.  My friends here are looking for boats across the country because stuff here is selling before it hits the lot.  I have an 18 and it would take $115k + for me to sell because I wouldn't be able to replace it anytime soon for any reasonable price.  Of course, everything I own is for sale at the right price.....

12 minutes ago, Leftlane said:

In Texas that boat would be sold on the first day at asking price.  My friends here are looking for boats across the country because stuff here is selling before it hits the lot.  I have an 18 and it would take $115k + for me to sell because I wouldn't be able to replace it anytime soon for any reasonable price.  Of course, everything I own is for sale at the right price.....

Interesting how the wheel turns. When selling my 2018 23 LSV for $108K, in late 2018, I got a bunch of messages from folks in Texas ranting on how high the price was and that it would never sell. Buddy got the same kind of messages the year before, only from Texas, even one from Clark the sales dude at Texas Malibu.

Both of ours sold the same week listed, for close to asking. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas - just interesting to watch regional pricing trends. Back on topic, I tend to think the boat in question here will go fairly quickly if its been taken care of.