Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Sufgate. Thanks for this website I got it done!

BadgerHunter

exceptional rock collection you have there :) :)

nice install.  others may want to see the hydraulic ram side of the install.  or did I miss that?  Also how big of a gauge wire and fuse did you run

Any chance that boat was originally sold at No-Wake Marine in Cincinnati?  If so, it would be the 3rd one with the exact same color scheme (that I know of!) 

Here's my twin!

VIvfaru.jpg

On 7/14/2020 at 4:00 PM, BadgerHunter said:

10.jpg1.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg4.jpg8.jpg9.jpg11.jpggate.jpg11.jpg12.jpg12.jpg

Awesome! can you do a full write up?  I so want to do this in the off season this winter on my boat.  Great work!

@Fffrank. Hello. Wild lol, but no it was bought here in Wichita KS, I am the second owner. Nice boat though!  and @hawaiianstyln  I will be doing a full write up asap, i'll discuss how we came to the angles of the actuators and what I used for the gates (which were off a 2015 AXIS by the way)

• Like 1
On 7/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Fffrank said:

Any chance that boat was originally sold at No-Wake Marine in Cincinnati?  If so, it would be the 3rd one with the exact same color scheme (that I know of!) 

Here's my twin!

VIvfaru.jpg

Super nice man!  I had Domed Numbers.com make me a Wakesetter decal, but i love the naked look too!

On 7/17/2020 at 9:47 PM, Zippymbr said:

Awesome! can you do a full write up?  I so want to do this in the off season this winter on my boat.  Great work!

I'll work on the full write up, I had a buddy of mine help me but it wasn't as bad as i thought. The arduino system works perfect. I got the gates from an 2015 AXIS and cut them to fit, then re-fiberglassed them. 

On 7/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, hawaiianstyln said:

exceptional rock collection you have there :) :)

nice install.  others may want to see the hydraulic ram side of the install.  or did I miss that?  Also how big of a gauge wire and fuse did you run

I didn't have a whole lot of pics from the install of the actuators but I definately post some more pics of just those and what I did to get my angles. I used big relays so didn't really have to run big gauge wires really. I ran the wires to 4 relays and then those went to the Arduino box I made.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, BMonnin said:

Where did you find/get the Malibu surf tabs?  Did they come with the actuators?

I found them from a friend who saw them on a forum, but it don't believe it was this one. That guy said he got them off of a salvaged Axis but were not going to work for his boat. I believe i paid $175 for them