Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge moving on its own

I have a 2010 Wakesetter 247 LSV. I have been reading here and trying to fix a problem with the power wedge. Power wedge stopped working. I was getting wedge down alarm even though it was all the way up. Couldn't calibrate as it wouldn't move in or out of the water. I have checked and run actuators manually and they work. They are 5 lobe, were replaced by the dealer a year ago. Lenco control box is original 3 lobe, but was working. The position sensor always read 66 on calibration screen regardless of position when I ran the actuators manually(I wired in a bypass switch). Thinking this might be the problem I replaced the position sensor. Still no luck getting anything to work correctly. I reset the Maliview viper to factory settings to see if that would help. It didn't. At this point I found the fuse everyone had mentioned in the harness clip under the dash that I overlooked. It was a 15amp fuse and it was blown. I replaced it and hooked everything back up like it was originally thinking I had found the problem. Here is now the issue. Sitting on the trailer in my driveway when I turn the key on the wedge starts moving up on it's own regardless of starting position. If I press the down MUX button it will go down but as soon as I release the button it starts going back up and the actuators continue to run when its get all the way to the top. Any ideas what might causing this? Also I have tried calibrating the sensor since replacing the fuse but I can't get down number below 166 regardless of how I adjust the sensor. I get readings of 166 down and around 488 in the up position. I keep battery charger hooked up the whole time so my voltage readings at gauges in dash are around 13-13.5V Any ideas whats causing the wedge to move up on it's own? Or ways to bring sensor calibration down? It will be appreciated. 

Any chance your "wedge up" fuse on the panel under your dash is in the override slot instead of the regular slot? This is used to override the boats safety feature of not letting the wedge move up when it's not moving and putting the fuse in that slot would make the wedge act as you are describing.