Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Malibu 22 MXZ Boat Cover

Delpiero

Hi,

I have someone who is selling a used 2018 Malibu 22 MXZ boat cover for a great price but mine is a 2017.

Would it work or not? I could get it for half the price would it be worth it?

Please let me know what do you guys think...

10 minutes ago, Delpiero said:

Hi,

I have someone who is selling a used 2018 Malibu 22 MXZ boat cover for a great price but mine is a 2017.

Does the 18 and 17 have the same tower? Other than that the 17-20 22mxz stayed the same so the cover will fit.

4 hours ago, st22eve said:

Does the 18 and 17 have the same tower? Other than that the 17-20 22mxz stayed the same so the cover will fit.

the cover is made for

2018 Malibu MXZ 22' with G-3.5 Tower

my boat is a

2017 Malibu MXZ 22' with G4 Tower

what do you think?

It would all depend on the difference in size of the 2 different tower base mounts and placement of the tower on the boats. If towers are placed in exact spots on boats it would be easy to modify the tower base hole but if the tower placement is way different it may be more difficult to modify but at the end of the day you can get it modified to fit, just not sure on cost.

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Delpiero said:

Hi,

Just ran into this... Delpiero, Does your contact still have this cover for sale? I am in the market for my 2017 22MXZ w/ G3.5 tower...