Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Malibu Auto-Vent not venting air

rsutton1223

I have found a large thread on the Wakemakers auto vent system but I can't seem to find anything on the Malibu factory installed system.

Our 2019 23 LSV is not venting the air out of the auto vent correctly. It fills up like a balloon. Has anyone else had this issue? I saw that the WM kit ended up using different valves on that other thread but no mentions on what to do with the factory setup.

Yes, my 2019 25 LSV. I am not sure, but one of the hoses above the ballast tank along the side, just under the gunwale and near the rear was folded. I believe it was the vent hose. But I had to cut it and straighten it, and now my PNP bag fills completely with water and not air. It was an easy fix. Do you hear any noises from the rear when filling or draining? 

Edited by bbattiste247

7 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Follow the lines.  My 2019 port side was kinked one way, then the other.  SB side was fine and worked fine.

42 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

Yes, my 2019 25 LSV. I am not sure, but one of the hoses above the ballast tank along the side, just under the gunwale and near the rear was folded. I believe it was the vent hose. But I had to cut it and straighten it, and now my PNP bag fills completely with water and not air. It was an easy fix. Do you hear any noises from the rear when filling or draining? 

Thanks. I'll try that first. The only noises I hear is the gargling of the water initially. They end up flowing out the sides once the air get completely trapped.