Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 Questions/Issues with 18 23 LSV

Hi all - I have 2 questions about my 2018 23 LSV:

1.  Using speed control for wake surfing - I set it at 10.9, and I can accelerate smoothly up to the point where the system beeps to let me know it is taking over - this is maybe 75% of the way to the right on the mph scale.  Then the speed might drop .1 mph and it will tell me to add throttle, and then the “zone” moves way to the right.  It will beep again when it hits 10.9, then it might drop below if I catch some waves.  Yesterday I repeated this a few times and ended up with the throttle pinned and it was telling me to add throttle - WTF?  The constant beeping when it reaches the zone and then dropping out is super annoying.  Is this adjustable or can I turn off the audible beep?  Also, why does the zone for speed control continue to move to the right and get smaller?  I stopped using it altogether and it was much more pleasant without the beeping every few seconds. 

2.  My screens froze up several times this weekend - everything continued to work but both screens were totally bricked.  I had to turn off the batteries completely for them to start working again.  Each time it seemed to lock up when I was using the joystick to change the volume or advance the music track for a phone that was connected via Bluetooth.  The software was updated last month by the dealer - any other ideas?

TIA,

Todd

ahopkins22LSV
57 minutes ago, Leftlane said:

Hi all - I have 2 questions about my 2018 23 LSV:

1.  Using speed control for wake surfing - I set it at 10.9, and I can accelerate smoothly up to the point where the system beeps to let me know it is taking over - this is maybe 75% of the way to the right on the mph scale.  Then the speed might drop .1 mph and it will tell me to add throttle, and then the “zone” moves way to the right.  It will beep again when it hits 10.9, then it might drop below if I catch some waves.  Yesterday I repeated this a few times and ended up with the throttle pinned and it was telling me to add throttle - WTF?  The constant beeping when it reaches the zone and then dropping out is super annoying.  Is this adjustable or can I turn off the audible beep?  Also, why does the zone for speed control continue to move to the right and get smaller?  I stopped using it altogether and it was much more pleasant without the beeping every few seconds. 

2.  My screens froze up several times this weekend - everything continued to work but both screens were totally bricked.  I had to turn off the batteries completely for them to start working again.  Each time it seemed to lock up when I was using the joystick to change the volume or advance the music track for a phone that was connected via Bluetooth.  The software was updated last month by the dealer - any other ideas?

TIA,

Todd

1. Yes I believe you can turn that audible beep off in settings. The bar continues to move because after you hit 9ish mph, the wedge and surf gates deploy and that is why you need to adjust speed again. You can try starting with wedge in lift and wait to adjust the wedge after surf gate deploys. Maybe add some bow weight too. 

2.  I would start with checking all connections to the screens and sport knob. Then also double check all battery connections.

My guess, for what it is worth, is that even if you pin the throttle you will struggle to increase your speed much above 10.9? therefore I would investigate a different prop, or take some weight/ballast out or even add some to the bow.

(We have a 2013 22MXZ and with the standard 1235 prop and it was as you describe, we put on a 2315 prop and it was like getting a new boat!)

Wakemakers have a prop chart which is a starting point.

Hope this helps. 

Okay thanks - I thought the surfgate deployed around 7 mph, and we never use the wedge as it seems like every time I use it it just washes out the wave and sucks gas.  I have used the speed control a lot but this was the first time it acted like this, and I only had 4 people in the boat while my daughter was surfing.  Maybe I am adding too much ballast, but the wave looks great the way I have it set up.  As far as the software locking up - I mentioned it to the dealer when it was in for service and they checked it all out and did an update a few weeks back, and then this weekend it locked a few times.  Everything continues to work (ballast draining, throttle power, etc) but the screens freeze up and all the gauges freeze - hitting the power button didn't turn it off, I had to actually turn the batteries to off entirely and then turn them back on.