Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New system for boat questions...

Brannon132

Hey guys,

I have limited experience in car/boat audio and of my amps and my stereo in my 2006 247 dead so I need to replace it. If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I would like to have the control screen if I have one on the passenger side as I don’t like to mess with the stereo while I’m driving other then the volume.  What I do need is the ability to adjust the volume from where I’m driving.

We have 5 young kids (Under 9) and don’t blast the music but love to have it on. We also love to take new people out and teach them the fun of wake sports and it seems nice to instruct through the speakers (am I wrong about this?) so a microphone through the system might be nice?

i would like to have the ability to control the volume of the tower speakers independently of the interior boat and the speakers I am planning on putting in the transom. Once I have the volumes of the zones set I would like the phone volume or a master dial to turn them all up or down.

I don’t need any cds or physical media we almost always use our phones for pandora and Apple Music. If it has a radio that would be nice but not a deal breaker.

What direction would you guys suggest?

I’m leaning towards an mc1 by wet sounds but trying to figure out where to put the screen so that it’s next to the passenger in my boat. And then one of the satellites where my Sony is under the dash.

Is there a better option for what I’m trying to accomplish?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock.

Brannon

Nitrous,

Thank you for recommending that, it looks Like it will work perfectly. Do people run a head unit with it or just the 420 bt by itself?

Have people had bad experiences with speakers in the transom???

I was planning on doing this build.

Surf speaker project vtx

Thanks again, 

Brannon

Edited by Brannon132
On 7/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, Brannon132 said:

Nitrous,

Thank you for recommending that, it looks Like it will work perfectly. Do people run a head unit with it or just the 420 bt by itself?

Have people had bad experiences with speakers in the transom???

I was planning on doing this build.

Surf speaker project vtx

Thanks again, 

Brannon

Yes, most run the EQ only.  If it wasn't for my need for a transom remote, I would be EQ only as well.

I wouldn't do the transom speakers due to water blasting them and damaging them.  When Epic did it, they were recessed and to be honest, many of their designs were questionable at best anyway.  Once you cut those holes, there is no going back.

Awesome, thanks for the help, I’m going to go with the 420bt.

Thank you,

Brannon 

I personally like the non-BT version of the 420 with a seperate bluetooth controller.  

https://www.wetsounds.com/product/WS-420-SQ

https://www.wetsounds.com/product/WW-BT-RS

Makes me feel safer for future/upgrades to have the bluetooth seperate from the EQ as well as serving as a nice remote-turn on and play/pause interface.  They make a dash bracket that will fit both of them that I'm also a big fan of (although it is incredibly over priced for what it is.)