Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just Committed to buy an 88 sunsetter

Gotfuel

40 minutes ago, snydco said:

Im a little late to this party but thought I could add some info that might be useful to some... we had our '87 Sunsetter redone down to the fiberglass hull last year. The total cost for new stringers, floor (including new foam,) carpet and all new vinyl was about $10,500

This was worth it to us as we've owned the boat since new... my dad bought it back in 1987. The original stringers lasted nearly 30 years in our case, even with some of the bad techniques Malibu was using back then. We always kept it either in storage or on a lift.

If you back out the vinyl, what was the cost for the stringers, floor and carpet?

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Pictures?

I'd like to see some pictures of that restored '87 Sunsetter also. I own a '87 that is all original. No soft spots in the floor.

here's a quick tease from while it was in the shop. I need to throw together a build thread, least I could do for y'all... lord knows I spent hours going through others on here. 20 points to whomever can call-out the inspiration for our interior!image.thumb.jpg.62618af473e340fd6c27e5dce77b2085.jpg

• Like 1

I've been away from the forum for a bit... can't attach any new photos. Looks like my "CrewChief" status isn't showing up either... related?:dontknow:

Hopefully we can get it all sorted and I'll get them pics up!

2 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

If you back out the vinyl, what was the cost for the stringers, floor and carpet?

$3600 for the floor, foam and stringers... Vinyl and carpet along with a new cover was $6850.

I pulled and reinstalled the motor myself as they wanted another $1100 for that task!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, snydco said:

I've been away from the forum for a bit... can't attach any new photos. Looks like my "CrewChief" status isn't showing up either... related?:dontknow:

Hopefully we can get it all sorted and I'll get them pics up!

May have to renew your Crew subscription.

Just now, blk93jeepzj said:

May have to renew your Crew subscription.

Ironically enough... got the PayPal message this morning that it was paid. I reached out for support, hopefully a moderator will step in. Don't want to wind up paying double.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, martinarcher said:

@snydcoNot sure how I missed the pic dump above but that looks awesome!  The interior sure look familiar to what I've got out in the garage!!!  :lol: 

guilty!

• Haha 1