Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 lsv speakers cutting out

sbaird4000

The speakers in my 2021 lsv are cutting in and out and it doesn’t seem to matter how I’m connected to the sound system either. For example, while surfing yesterday I asked my wife to turn up the volume. She turned it up and everything was fine for a minute or so then the tower speakers stopped working. After reboarding the boat I asked what was going on and she explained that the speakers would cut in and out. The tower speakers would cut out on the left but the rights were just fine. When the rights cut out the speakers on the left would be fine. Furthermore, occasionally the tower speakers would both cut out and the interior speakers would be the only speakers working. What’s even more bizarre is that sometimes the bow speakers would cut out and the cabin speakers would work or vice versa. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this? 

Edited by sbaird4000
28 minutes ago, Idamon said:

I would bet your grounds are loose on the ground bar. Might be under the dash. 

Agree. Sounds like just a loose wire somewhere. 

16 hours ago, sbaird4000 said:

The speakers in my 2021 lsv are cutting in and out and it doesn’t seem to matter how I’m connected to the sound system either. For example, while surfing yesterday I asked my wife to turn up the volume. She turned it up and everything was fine for a minute or so then the tower speakers stopped working. After reboarding the boat I asked what was going on and she explained that the speakers would cut it and out. The tower speakers would cut out on the left but the rights were just fine. When the rights cut out the speakers on the left would be fine. Furthermore, occasionally the tower speakers would both cut out and the interior speakers would be the only speakers working. What’s even more bizarre is that sometimes the bow speakers would cut out and the cabin speakers would work or vice versa. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this? 

@sbaird4000 How is the boat so far?  I think you owe us all a nice long pictorial review of the 2021 23LSV!!!

5 hours ago, gregtay said:

@sbaird4000 How is the boat so far?  I think you owe us all a nice long pictorial review of the 2021 23LSV!!!

The boat has been great thus far! Minus the gremlins in my audio system that is. My 2017 Nautique 230 threw and very long surf wave with a bunch of push far back. Initially I was concerned that the Malibu would lack in that department but after spending an hour or so behind it I can gladly report that the push is every bit as good as my 230 and maybe even a bit better. The m6di is an absolute powerhouse and I’m glad I decided to go with it (super quite). Surfing at 11.2 with all ballast full including the 580’s in the rear and the wedge at 2 clicks from lift the rpms were firmly planted at 3400-3450 (I have the high altitude prop). Getting up to wakeboard speed with 3 adults in the boat and everything full wasn’t the least bit difficult and didn’t seem to tax the m6 at all. I will say that even though the dry weight is only 450 pounds heavier that my 230, the lsv FEELS SO MUCH HEAVIER when trying to hold onto it while at my dock. The fit and finish is nice as well. I did find a few blemishes from the factory but nothing that can’t be handled by my dealer in the fall. Another nice improvement over my friends 2017 lsv is the fact that the steering wheel stays firmly in place while surfing. I can literally let go of it while someone is surfing and the boat keeps tracking straight without even the slightest bit of pull. The ballast fills insanely fast but doesn’t drain nearly as quick. Not sure if that’s normal or not but it doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t have many pictures just yet but I can upload a link to one of it sitting on my lawn. Feel free to throw any questions my way and I’ll do my best to get them answered.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update. My dealer took a look at my boat the other day and ordered a new black box which will fix the issue with the speakers. It's going to be installed next week so i'll keep everyone posted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today was our first day out since the “black box” was replaced and I am happy to report that the sound system now works flawlessly. 

• Like 2