Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf-mode Maverick add on to 07 LSV 23

MTB4LIFE29

Howdy all - We have a 07 WS LSV 23 - our current set up works pretty well, but we are always in pursuit of better wake. We currently have wakemaker 900lb piggy back system in both lockers and GSA surf tabs on the back. I was curious if anyone has tried the Surf Mode suction tabs on their boats? Wanted to see if I can get someone's first hand experience before ordering for myself.

Thanks in advance!

On 7/10/2020 at 12:34 PM, MTB4LIFE29 said:

Howdy all - We have a 07 WS LSV 23 - our current set up works pretty well, but we are always in pursuit of better wake. We currently have wakemaker 900lb piggy back system in both lockers and GSA surf tabs on the back. I was curious if anyone has tried the Surf Mode suction tabs on their boats? Wanted to see if I can get someone's first hand experience before ordering for myself.

Thanks in advance!

You are asking about a suck gate like a Mission Delta?  If so yes, I have the same boat and it works fantastic on mine.

Just curious, if you have the GSA why would you add on a suck gate or you just wish to see it with the GSA not engaged or would you use both?

https://www.surf-mode.com/store/slim

Haven't heard of or tried Surf-Mode systems. For those curious, here's a link. It's a little more than one suck gate. It's two suck gates working in tandem in a lateral formation!  I'm curious what you'd get out of this system versus GSA. Good luck and keep us posted!

Edited by NMMalibuFamily
Correct link
  • 5 months later...

According to SM the GSA tabs are strictly based on weight of the boat - where SM is more lateral force making a bigger longer wake with less weight and lower RPMs,

I've tried SurfMode on my 2006 23 LSV. The wave certainly got more push further back than what I had with just one suck gate.  However, I will say its very finicky on placement of both wings and took way too much time to dial in to get a  significantly better wave.  

BTW- I got sick of the fooling around with the inferior wave so I sold the boat in late August.  New 23 LSV on order that should be here late January.  With limited lake time during the year and high resale values on boats, I couldn't pass it up.