Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M220

agarabaghi

16 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Looks a bit like a Heyday.  LOL

I’ve seen it in person and spent time inside one; your little jab couldn’t be further from the truth. 

At almost 23’ long it actually has a similar profile/stance to a G23 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

And GX.  Is an option?

I thought that was werid as well.  I expect the M220 to be pretty optioned up at the start.. like the Gx and other goodies.  MY guess is they know no one will order one without (well.. I guess that photo proves a dealer did order one without if that is from an order sheet) and leaving it as a $12k option helps get the starting price down (but I thought the whole point of the M series was bragging rights on how expansive they can make a boat! :-O!)

14 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I’ve seen it in person and spent time inside one; your little jab couldn’t be further from the truth. 

At almost 23’ long it actually has a similar profile/stance to a G23 

So did you like it... say compared to a 23MXZ?

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

So did you like it... say compared to a 23MXZ?

I liked it a lot!  And I admit that initially I was a bit skeptical at the idea. I wondered if a shorter, super deep freeboard boat would look goofy like the G21 did. Well, it doesn’t. If you liked the profile of the M235 or G23 you will like the M220. 

As far as comparison to the 23 MXZ (one of my fav boats in the lineup), it looks and feels like a bigger, nicer boat (despite being 6” shorter). 

In terms of interior, it feels ALOT bigger inside than the 22 MXZ... definitely has the space of a 23’er. To be honest, the inside reminded me a lot of the M235 in terms of cockpit size. It’s DEEP like that.

Obviously fit and finish is top notch... It’s exactly like the M240 inside with all that great stitching and billet aluminum everywhere you look. As others have noticed it doesn’t have the slide-out cooler, which is smart, imho. Why take up too much seating space in the smaller boat? I believe it does have the superior M series stereo (including the new subwoofer enclosure). 

I suspect that keeping the GX optional allows buyers to spec the boat on the more conservative side. I’d imagine a M220 with G5 tower and M6 motor could be had at a pretty competitive price (by today’s standards). 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, wdr said:

Bet it will be 23 MXZ territory.

I’m guessing higher than that. MXZ is only 10k over the LSV. Even though it’s smaller, it has more luxury. I’m not sure I would push it with an M5 though so that will make more of a delta in cost. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I’m guessing higher than that. MXZ is only 10k over the LSV. Even though it’s smaller, it has more luxury. I’m not sure I would push it with an M5 though so that will make more of a delta in cost. 

Is the M5 standard on the m220? Seems odd they wouldn’t make the m6 the base motor...

If it’s spinning a 17” prop 2:1 the m5 can work. But I do know it doesn’t come standard with the lt4 which makes it a good bit cheaper right off the start 

What’s interesting on FB there is a guy who’s a dealer who says this is not the model releasing on the 16th, says that he’s seen the model and due to a NDA can’t say anymore. Should be interesting to see if he’s right or wrong. 

5 hours ago, mrnate450r said:

It is possible it is the new 23LSV. 

Doubful since there is already 2021 23 LSVs that have been sold and are out there. But who knows. 

Built one with my dealer today.  MSRP is going to be around $220k depending on options.  Yes, options.  We had to build it like a normal boat  so it isn't like the M240 and nearly everything is already checked.