Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow Seating in 23 LSV

cpuwhiz22

Hey Crew,

I am looking st 23 LSVs, and one thing I noticed was that every picture I see of the bow has the center cushion there.  On my 21 VLX, I generally have that cushion out because it gives people a place to put there feet when there is more than 1-2 people up there.  What I am wondering based on what I see, is can that cushion be removed on the 23 LSV?  To me, the playpen seating is best for kids or 1-2 people, but often I have 1-2 adults and 1-2 kids up in the bow, and I would prefer normal seating vs the playpen style.  Is this possible on the 23 LSV?  I am just wondering why I have yet to see any pictures with that center cushion out.

6 minutes ago, cpuwhiz22 said:

Hey Crew,

I am looking st 23 LSVs, and one thing I noticed was that every picture I see of the bow has the center cushion there.  On my 21 VLX, I generally have that cushion out because it gives people a place to put there feet when there is more than 1-2 people up there.  What I am wondering based on what I see, is can that cushion be removed on the 23 LSV?  To me, the playpen seating is best for kids or 1-2 people, but often I have 1-2 adults and 1-2 kids up in the bow, and I would prefer normal seating vs the playpen style.  Is this possible on the 23 LSV?  I am just wondering why I have yet to see any pictures with that center cushion out.

The reason this is, is because there is a ballast tank in the bow under those seats.  In your VLX, I assume you don't have a ballast tank up there, or at least, not factory.  This is an option that can be ordered with, or without but will impact resale if looking at new.  I would not buy a new boat without the bow ballast.

• Like 3

That's what I was wondering.  If that is the case, is it something that can be removed/reinstalled easily if you want the seating?

5 minutes ago, cpuwhiz22 said:

That's what I was wondering.  If that is the case, is it something that can be removed/reinstalled easily if you want the seating?

Nope its a built in hard tank and if its new the batteries are under that seat too.  You can still fit 3 people up there 2 sitting forward and one facing back.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I usually go by the weight restriction, as 3 persons assumes adult proportions and I usually have sub 75 lb responsible kiddos up there.  The wife and her friend usually sit up there comfortably and read while we are beached and there’s enough room for me to come sit between them without feeling “crammed”. I don’t allow anyone to ride in the bow facing the driver so it’s 2 adults or a combo of kiddos in the front with feet forward while we are underway. 

Agree with Big Creek, better suited for two people.  My kids sit up there when we are underway (and I like to have one sit there when we are surfing if they will do it, because it improves the wave IMO).  However, I wouldn't want to sit three adults up there under almost any circumstances.  It's definitely a drawback to the 23 LSV when compared to some competitors that do not have the same as far as comfort, but it's an advantage to have that ballast tank when it's time to surf...Assuming you want the best surf wave, so make the compromise, at least that was my decision process.