Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OJ V4 Props?

Raleigh

Does anyone have experience with the V4 prop series by OJ Props? I was looking at a 925 and see the 1925 is there newer version of this. Anyone use this at all? 

https://www.ojprops.com/products/wakepro-v4/?portfolioCats=14

EDIT

Just placed an order for "Trial" for $642 for two props from OJ direct. They aren't billing my card until they get the one I don't want back. PLUS they are throwing in a free T Shirt. Great customer service!!

Edited by Raleigh
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

How are you liking the 1925? I was thinking about getting that model since Ive had great experience with OJ in the past.  I have an acme 2277 I need repaired and was wanting to see how this would compare to it.

I just switched from the 2249 to an OJ V4 1951. Our boat is a 2020 axis T23. Rpm’s didn’t drop like I hoped. I thought the 2249 was cavitating a lot. The OJ is holding speed and hole shot is better.

Ive only had 3 outings with it but so far I really like it. Service was GREAT. Eric answered all my questions quickly and even offered to take it back or exchange it for something else if I wasn’t happy with it. 

On 7/28/2020 at 8:15 AM, stein09 said:

How are you liking the 1925? I was thinking about getting that model since Ive had great experience with OJ in the past.  I have an acme 2277 I need repaired and was wanting to see how this would compare to it.

The 1925 isn’t as good for torque as the 2277 and it also seems a bit louder. Could be my own delusions though on the noise.  Higher top end though. Eric at OJ is awesome. I enjoyed the 1951.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, BJM said:

I just switched from the 2249 to an OJ V4 1951. Our boat is a 2020 axis T23. Rpm’s didn’t drop like I hoped. I thought the 2249 was cavitating a lot. The OJ is holding speed and hole shot is better.

Ive only had 3 outings with it but so far I really like it. Service was GREAT. Eric answered all my questions quickly and even offered to take it back or exchange it for something else if I wasn’t happy with it. 

Funny, I thought about getting the 2249. I’ve tried the 2247 and liked that. Tried the 1951 last night and thought it was great. Did RPMs drop at all for you? Are you happy overall vs the 2249?

Hard to tell about the RPM’s for me honestly. With different crew sizes in the boat and everyone having different wedge preferences, goofy vs regular, and wind/no wind it was hard for me to keep track. I do know the change was not a big one since I can’t really tell. We seem to surf at 3800 to 4200 depending on those factors. 

I feel good about dropping pitch from the 2249 and not noticing a big RPM jump. The hole shot and speed holding is much better. It is much quieter under 4000 RPM’s than the 2249. It is as noisy above 4000 RPM’s but is way smoother. 

What RPM’s are you seeing with the 2 OJ’s you ran?

• 2 months later...
ahopkins22LSV
On 10/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, SteveQ said:

My 2021 23 LSV came with the OJ V4 1778, not the Acme 3077.  Has Malibu switched to OJ?

I think it depends on model, or supply right now. Our 2019 and 2020 VTX came with OJ props, but they were spec’d that way from the build. I was told they performed the best when tested. So maybe on the new 23’s, the OJ performs better. I have been incredibly happy with the performance I’ve gotten with them FWIW.