Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 23LSV w/LS3, lose of power/speed, service warning

I've been having issues with my 2010 23LSV Wakesetter, with the LS3 engine (320 hrs). Recently, I had issues with it running hot, so I replaced the impeller, which it ran fine afterwards. However, the next time I took it out it drove normally, but within a few minutes, it lost power and speed. While it has varied, in general, it would not go beyond 25-30 mph, and it would not go above 3500 rpm with the throttle all the way down. Turning the boat off and on seemed to get it back to normal, running 42mph at 5K rpms. After a few minutes, it would peter out again. The Service Warning screen comes on, and I get MISFIRE codes. This has happened on two different occasions now. I plan on dropping it off to the mechanic for some work. My initial thought is that its something around the plugs/wires. Anyone else have this happen before?

We had a similar issue recently. However our issue throttled us back to 4 mph. We had been getting service required codes for the past week and didn't know why. Finally the service required turned into an overheating warning.  So as I was slowly making our way back to our place I called the dealer. He was like, did you clean your filter? In three years, we never did that or even knew about it! LOL. Did you clean your intake filter that is used to cool your engine down?

*I re-read your post and see that it's not similar but wanted to throw out my experience as it helped us get up and running again.

Edited by drewski300
  • 3 weeks later...

Turned out to be bad coils. I replaced the coil for #7 cylinder and cleared the codes. It ran great, then died out again. I looked at the codes and saw a misfire on the #4 cylinder. SO I replaced that one and it has been fine since. Thanks for the input. We also changed out the filter as well. Just in case.