Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

350 monsoon high exhaust temp

I have a 15 A22 and this weekend out of the blue it went to limp mode and MIL engine lite came on the code was a 441 and 442 FMI 15. Did some looking up and found that’s a code for high exhaust temps. It comes and goes all day and will clear in a few minute and pop right back up once you get going again. I changed impeller and removed thermostat and it is still doing it also cleaned screen on trans oil cooler. No junk in lines From lake to thermo housing. Any suggestions? Any previous experience? Definitely stumped on this one 

An air leak into the cooling system can also cause an exhaust cooling overheat.

Also, 2015 Challenger Monsoon 350 engines had a ECM calibration update available to prevent exhaust overheat alarms caused by heat soak at lower speeds.

14 minutes ago, csleaver said:

An air leak into the cooling system can also cause an exhaust cooling overheat.

Also, 2015 Challenger Monsoon 350 engines had a ECM calibration update available to prevent exhaust overheat alarms caused by heat soak at lower speeds.

I think an air leak is possible because u can hear it sound like it’s starving for a sec and lines dnt have much pressure and then alarm goes off. Pin pointing it will be fun

Can you normally put your hand on the exhaust manifold when running at temp or is it to hot to do that. I have a 2012 monsoon 350 in a Response and had to replumb some cooling hoses. I thought they took care of that by 2015 though. Now I can touch the manifolds any time. 

9 hours ago, Nick in the TC said:

Can you normally put your hand on the exhaust manifold when running at temp or is it to hot to do that. I have a 2012 monsoon 350 in a Response and had to replumb some cooling hoses. I thought they took care of that by 2015 though. Now I can touch the manifolds any time. 

2015 Axis boats use the Challenger powertrain from PCM instead of Indmar, so the cooling and exhaust system is a bit different.

Checked all water inlets and paths and no clogs no leaks from hoses and screen on trans cooler is clear. Boat idled for 15 mins and never got over 160. Water coming out exhaust seems like it’s pulsing will try to upload video but service light never came on. Thinking it may be bad sensors or needs the update others have posted about 

• 1 year later...

Were you ever able to find what the problem was? I am having a similar problem in my 2016 T22. Randomly getting the MIL light and service required. When dealer looked at it it’s the exhaust manifold overheating but didn’t really have a solution for me. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, calistang1966 said:

Were you ever able to find what the problem was? I am having a similar problem in my 2016 T22. Randomly getting the MIL light and service required. When dealer looked at it it’s the exhaust manifold overheating but didn’t really have a solution for me. 

Were you able to find a solution?  I have a 2016 T22 with exactly the same problem. 

• 10 months later...